Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toledo Bend report...

Heading to Toledo the weekend of 10/9. How's Negreet, Housen, Indian Mounds, etc doing? Thanks

2. Member
    Crowded.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KLSU View Post
    Crowded.
    7 years ago or so you could have the place to yourself. That was nice. The last few years have been terrible with crowds when the fish are biting. Reports I got were mixed last week. Some fish still out on main lake points, some starting to move in. I'm hearing 12-15 feet in the first half of the main coves. Should be seeing fish caught in the first half of the coves on flats next to creeks. From the road I saw tons of shad in the back of six mile. The fish shouldn't be far from the shad. Toledo has gotten too crowed for me, haven't been but a couple of times this year. I may never go back.

4. Member
    Good luck. There's a reason why we have only been to our camp twice since June. lol

The fishing isn't nearly what it used to be.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bada$$Bullet View Post
    Good luck. There's a reason why we have only been to our camp twice since June. lol

The fishing isn't nearly what it used to be.
    I went twice this year and 3 or 4 times last year. I just sold the place. Just ain't worth the trip right now.

6. Member
    Fishing hasn’t been great fishing for us either but we still enjoy being up here. If I’m home I end going to the office and aggravating the employees.

7. Member
    It needs to be drawn down to 159 again for 2-3 months. That's what jump started the 2014-2016 explosion. Without shoreline cover, whether it be pads, hay grass, hydrilla..etc, the fishing will continue to suck. I've heard the "you need to go deep, they are still there" line quite a few times, which is BS. Everyone is struggling.

We have been smashing the sacalait though. lol

8. Member
    I think you are right about a draw down. I have noticed a lot of silt buildup in some areas that were great hard bottom. Thats probably from the high muddy water I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bada$$Bullet View Post
    It needs to be drawn down to 159 again for 2-3 months. That's what jump started the 2014-2016 explosion. Without shoreline cover, whether it be pads, hay grass, hydrilla..etc, the fishing will continue to suck. I've heard the "you need to go deep, they are still there" line quite a few times, which is BS. Everyone is struggling.
    dang right!

It sucks.
    Lake stayed high (close to full pool for 3-4 yrs straight, at least) too long.
    When I first started fishin this pond in 1999, the lake NEVER got close to full pool until recent years.

And Kyle, they ain't on our deep spots neither.
    It's a dink fest at best, and not whole helluva lot of them.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

10. Member
    We will be making our first trip to Toledo this weekend. Any advice for sacalait? I’d like to try and put my dad on them.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Helix 9 SI console
    1199 SI bow
    899 SI bow

11. Member
    My advice would be spend a few hours following creek channels and mark some old timber. I have about 40 waypoints of old timber, culverts, bridges...etc, and they all hold sacalait. We are catching on shiners.

12. Member
    We just came back from a 3 day weekend and it was a tough bite and windy! The previous posts have said it well, crowded and tough. Not going back again in the Fall, not worth it.

Jeff
    2013 BassCat P2/200 ProXS

13. Member
    If I was y’all I would definitely just write that place off until something changes. That may help the crowds too.

14. Member
    If I was y’all I would definitely just write that place off until something changes. That may help the crowds too.
    And while at it write off Sam Rayburn as well!
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

15. Member
    Heading back up there next weekend. I have been catching plenty of fish. The problem is there isn't much quality. I found these last weekend but the wind was blowing 250 mph so I couldn't really fish them well.

Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    Already wrote it off,,,at least for a little while

17. Member
    Toledo is tough right now. I was talking to Tommy Martin, who lives on Toledo, and he said this is the worst year he has seen since the lake was built.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

18. Member
    Mr j
    You will be back I’m sure. You definitely picked a good few years to put some time up there

19. Member
    Lots and lots of people got really spoiled how good the fishing was in the lake really the last 6 or so years. Worst ever is hard to say though. Had my personal best day ever this spring weight and numbers. I would say maybe harder catch them but I remember some tougher times. At the end of the day that place will always have millions of em swimming around...but is trillions of
    spots for em to be.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    Mr j
    You will be back I’m sure. You definitely picked a good few years to put some time up there
    How you liking the new boat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast