Guys that fish Shearon Harris

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Fishing/A...e-Habitat-Plan

NCWRC asking for input regarding hydrilla management and habitat enhancement..

2. Member
    Thanks Brad.

Guys I sent a letter in addition to this survey stating that Hydrilla is what made Harris a world class fishery and they should leave it alone. Also mentioned the economic impact to communities such as Sanford, Apex Cary, etc..

3. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Didn’t they do similar controls at Gunteesville in Alabama and it went crap until the grass came back?
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    Thanks Brad.

Guys I sent a letter in addition to this survey stating that Hydrilla is what made Harris a world class fishery and they should leave it alone. Also mentioned the economic impact to communities such as Sanford, Apex Cary, etc..
    I sent a similar letter but didn’t mention the economic impact to the area because I don’t think it really has that kind of impact. I think the lack of hydrilla has also negatively affected the duck hunting at Harris.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I would be for draining it.... but then all those people would just go to Jordan.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

6. Member
    Here come the grass carp, there goes the fishing. Grass Carp destroyed 1600 acre lake Austin which had hydrilla, millfoil, reeds. The problem is when the Hydrilla is gone, they eat everything else too. That lake went from a clear cool river impoundment lake loaded with double digit class fish, lake record of 16+lbs, to a warm mud-hole with below average fishing.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

7. Banned
    So they decide several years after the fact to ask for input about grass in shearon Harris? Way to go NC. This state sure does know how to destroy world class fisheries. It's funny how tye hydrilla was never a problem for 30 something odd years and then 1 day, bam, let's kill all the grass.....and now what was one of the best small lakes in the world is a dead sea......just like Currituck sound and mattamuskeet. We had 3 of the best fisheries on Earth all destroyed by loss of grass. I'm thankful Tucker town has somewhat survived the state killing all the good grass.

but why would you seek input after you already started making changes?
    93 Glasstream Pro 1850
    93 Johnson Fast Strike 150

A couple of things. The survey never asked if anyone wanted to keep the hydrilla. It just asked if you wanted anything else in the lake. Also, I think Duke Energy owns the lake and makes these sort of decisions, not the state.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Member
    Duke is the issue, CPL managed, Duke doesn't give a rip about us or the fishery. Same for the clear cutting around the entire lake, this is changing the water color and will continue to do so.

For as much as Duke makes us bend over and take it every month we should be able to have a say lol
    93 Glasstream Pro 1850
    93 Johnson Fast Strike 150