Selling my Allison XB21 Pro Elite

Hey guys, I am selling my Allison, it is listed on the boats for sale page. I have wanted one forever and finally bought a perfect one. Its as incredible as expected and probably more, but as I have gotten older I am not such a speed demon as I thought I was! I don't do the boat justice and figured someone who would use it as it was intended would enjoy it much more, and I will just go back to a heavy slow barge, and am actually considering a new Vexus. Thanks, Brian

2. Member
    That’s a good price on your boat but I wouldn’t be in a hurry to unload such a nice ride just to jump into a lesser boat.
    Are you having driving issues?
    When I bought my first XB-21 back in 2014, I was a total embarrassment to the Allison brand as I washed the sides off of it. I’d get it up to 65 mph and it would flop back and forth to where my wife was getting motion sickness! I stayed with it over and over until I finally felt when it started to drop to one side and how much countersteer it took to catch it. Once I finally “got it”, I enjoyed driving just as much as I did fishing.

There are a lot of members here that I’m sure would help you with driving issues if you asked.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Those Vexus appear to be sweet rigs for sure!

Looks really clean and seems to be a very fair price. I wouldn't imagine it will last very long for sale.

5. Member
    I am with scj. These boats arent just for speed. They are way better in the rough stuff than the barge bass boats and will save your back.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

6. Member
    If you don’t care for the speed, a smaller lighter motor will do it justice if you just want a smaller motor

Thanks guys, no problems driving her, been used to driving Gamblers, Bullets, Blazers, etc. Just the way I drive now doesn't do this boat any justice, and would rather someone who uses it as it should be to enjoy it. Its a perfect boat, set up with everything you could want, and will save someone a ton of money.

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Well I'm confused. There has got to be another reason why you wouldn't want to keep the boat if there's nothing wrong with it? Just because it's an Allison doesn't mean it has to go fast all the time or even part of the time. I live in Pa and the closest lake to me is 10 minutes away with a 45 MPH speed limit and is 985 acres with half of that no wake. Next closest is 1.5 hours away and a zoo all summer long as it's a resort lake. So the only time I get to run my boat is at Hartwell in the fall or the rally in the summer.

I love my boat, it fishes perfectly for me, has the perfect storage for me, is comfortable, rides great, my wife loves it (that's huge) it's paid for (that's huge too), it's set up with all my electronics the way I want so why would should I sell it just because I don't run fast most of the time. In fact when I take my boat to European Marine in the fall for service on my Merc he scolds me for putting more hours on my motor under 1500 RPM's than any other range. Hey, I;m a fisherman and I graph a lot!

So please give me a better reason for selling other than it should go to someone else who will not take as good a care of it as you. It's like every city yuppie out there who owns a pick up truck and never puts single thing in the bed of the truck. Why not buy a Yugo?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Wow, sorry I am not conforming to the way you think I should in my boating decisions. The boat is great, it is just not what I want at this stage in my life, simple as that.

Moderator feel free to delete this thread, didn't mean to offend anyone and their reasons for owning an Allison.

Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    Looks really clean and seems to be a very fair price. I wouldn't imagine it will last very long for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post

So please give me a better reason for selling other than it should go to someone else who will not take as good a care of it as you. It's like every city yuppie out there who owns a pick up truck and never puts single thing in the bed of the truck. Why not buy a Yugo?
    Someone need a snickers bar ?

12. Member
    No worries. I know I am super biased.

Great deal for someone for sure

13. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    hahahah.....I didn't mean any disrespect to the seller....I was trying to point out that since he has one of the best boats on the water doesn't mean he should feel he has to sell it because he is not running top speed all the time....the yuppie comment was comparing guys buying trucks not because they want to haul around stuff but rather they just like trucks....nothing wrong with that.

Now I can understand stating getting older and wanting to downsize to something more manageable in the form of a lighter easier to handle on and off the water with an aluminum thats logical reason.

I will take some dark chocolate nonpareils though!!! lol
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    There’s a lot of older folks that want a wider front deck,as you get older your balance is not what it was.I have a older buddy that sold his B boat and bought a S boat just because it was more stable and wider at the foot pedal and nothing else mattered.

15. Member
    As much as I love my Bassport, I'd be happy fishing out of an aluminum bassboat just fine for about 95% of the fishing I do. I'd have to say that if a fellow wants to sell and let somebody else have fun with a great boat then good for the seller and good for the buyer as well. BTW, that's a good price on a very fine looking boat. Somebody should snatch that pretty quick I would think.