Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for posting!

The install was pretty easy. I was a little worried how it would work but it fit perfectly. Message me on here or email me trevorkraker@comcast.net and I can get you all the measurements I used. I can't remember off the top of my head what they were but I have the measurements in my emails
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

2. Member
    Thanks guys. Sparky, I just shot you an email. As I mentioned in the email, I'm most curious about how you measured the front part that dips down to the front panel. Also, you mentioned the non-tapered ones are cheaper....is yours tapered?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natrix19 View Post
    Thanks guys. Sparky, I just shot you an email. As I mentioned in the email, I'm most curious about how you measured the front part that dips down to the front panel. Also, you mentioned the non-tapered ones are cheaper....is yours tapered?
    Emailed you back. If it didn't make sense feel free to keep emailing me! Mine is tapered. Sent you the dimensions. The taper is just for cosmetics
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

4. Member
    Well, Saturday is the day! I got my new pedal tray from FishOn Fabrications and a buddy of mine is coming over to help me install it Saturday. I'll post pics & and update once it's done
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    Job went pretty smoothly. I found the best tool was actually a hacksaw. I didn't have a saws-all tho, that might have been the way to go. So I mostly used an angle grinder and a jigsaw, eventually turning to the hacksaw for the finishing work.

The process was pretty simple. I turned the tray upside down and positioned where I wanted it, then (conservatively) taped it with painters tape to get the outline. From there I removed the carpet based on the outline. Next, I drilled a couple of holes to get me started and then began cutting with a jigsaw. My blade was basically shot tho and it was taking forever so switched to the angle grinder. That was a dusty smoke-show and a bit of a head scratcher. Eventually we just cut the base out which gave us better angles to get at the sides. Then it was just a matter of widening it out to fit. Tapped it in with a rubber mallet and the rest is history.

Very happy with how everything came out. The only issue is routing the trolling motor cable, it's very very rigid and hard to shape in any useful way. It sort of catches on the graph when I stow it but I'm not too worried about it.

Thanks everyone for putting me on to FishOn Fabrications and setting me on this path. This is exactly the setup I was after when I bought the boat!

IMG_20190223_103738.jpg
    IMG_20190223_105724.jpg
    IMG_20190223_113050.jpg
    IMG_20190223_120644.jpg
    IMG_20190223_125202.jpg
    IMG_20190223_161417.jpg
    IMG_20190223_162746.jpg
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

Looks great!

I have to rearrange my cable around my Helix 10 every time too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    Looks awesome! I placed an order with Fishon Fab last week as well for the tray for my Z-8. Can't wait for it to get here so I can start my install.
    2013 Nitro Z-8 200hp Mercury Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithram1982 View Post
    Looks awesome! I placed an order with Fishon Fab last week as well for the tray for my Z-8. Can't wait for it to get here so I can start my install.
    Dawson does fine work. You will be happy you did it. Having the right tools makes all the difference. After piloting with a drill, a Sawzall, Roto zip, or grinder with a cutting wheel seem to do the trick. I started with the sawzall but quickly switched to the zip. I also had a jigsaw to clean up the edges and corners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12