Thread: It's Official

It's Official

My wife has me signed up for "GHIN" the last couple of years and have watched my handicap bounce around. I had set a goal and have tried pretty hard to get it down to bogey golf. It just happened......whoooohoooooo
    I know there's a lot of great golfers on here....but it's nice to not donate so many balls now to the woods.

2. Member
    Congrats. It is nice, not losing so many balls. I'm getting back to that myself. I played last weekend with 1 ball, and made it through the front 9, this weekend. Even the island green hole, where I always put at least 1 in the lake. The back 9 was not good to me though, I lost 6 balls. Thats they way it goes though. At least i'm playing cheap balls, until I actually do stop losing so many balls.

3. Member
    Congrats man! That is the good thing about golf-it is about making yourself happy first. Measuring leads to improving if you want to improve. Good for your wife to spur you on. Good for you for rising to the occasion and meeting your goal.
    mine will be to return to a single digit handicap next year as I reached double digits for the first time in my life this year-age 62.
    i ain’t takin it lying down.

now buying goose and duck decoys for a new hunting adventure. Deer hunt a little bit with friends this year too.

Enjoy every day when you can!

Remember...you can't take mulligans and gimmies and post your score to GHIN for handicap purposes. (cough cough wink wink)
    I have a good friend who will pick up if it looks like he'll be getting a triple bogey or more then uses the excuse "GHIN won't let me post any more than double bogey". That's due to his handicap where GHIN won't post any more than double bogey for sandbagging purposes.

Good job on bringing down your handicap.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

5. Member
    Funny you say that about the picking up the ball thing....my wife is sooooooooo follow the book. Do Not Touch the ball unless it's in the hole....so I have learned. I do get a free hit off the tee once in awhile but not much anymore. I heard from some lady's the other day that the guys have trouble playing tourneys sometimes as those little two and three foot puts aren't gimmies and they have trouble making them as at home they pick them up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Funny you say that about the picking up the ball thing....my wife is sooooooooo follow the book. Do Not Touch the ball unless it's in the hole....so I have learned. I do get a free hit off the tee once in awhile but not much anymore. I heard from some lady's the other day that the guys have trouble playing tourneys sometimes as those little two and three foot puts aren't gimmies and they have trouble making them as at home they pick them up!!!
    Damn isn't that 100% true! Stroke play tourneys can kill guys who always take the gimmies. (burying head in sand) Then again I was such a bad putter I prayed to get in the 1' range. That I could make.
    I don't have a GHIN as I don't belong to a course but have a USGA handicap so it's all the same per se. Eventually the universal handicap system is suppose to come along and I think it is suppose to do away with all other handicap systems.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    This I have seen to be true every tournament I’ve played it, which is the reason why I spend extra time on the green and always finish out.