Spinnerbait Storage

What’s everyone’s favorite way to store large numbers of spinnerbaits in your boat? Right now I use a large worm bag binder but it’s not efficient in keeping them separated and fast to sort through.

This may not be what you had in mind but I had the same concern and made this to attach to the back of the Rod butt holder in my RT188. If you are interested, PM your email address and I will send you a PDF build sheet.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Scraps
    I have the old falcon boxes. They're OK. I'm not good about keeping them neat. Don't fish spinnerbaits much.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Have the plano spinnerbait box. Think it holds 72 spinnerbaits according to their description. Has holes throughout the box to let it vent so no worries about mold or corrosion build up due to moisture. I have been using it for a couple years and like it.

Quart size freezer ziplock.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    Good idea but do you experience any rusting with this method?
    Tight Lines

7. Member

USA

I put all my lures on the deck after using them to dry before I store them ( wherever ) NO Rust.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Nice

10. Banned
    I had a Bass Mafia Blade Coffin, returned it. Terrible for the money. Currently use Plano Elite 3707. While it works, and fits in my box storage much better, it's also pretty terrible. The little tabs that hold the holders in place keep breaking. Then the holder slides around inside making a mess. IMO any type of hanging type box, or lid hangers like pictured above, are worlds better. But the hanger style boxes just don't fit right in the box storage on my boat. So they're left loose in there.

Think I'm going to build some lid hangers. I use bladed baits too much to not have an efficient way to store them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I had a Bass Mafia Blade Coffin, returned it. Terrible for the money. Currently use Plano Elite 3707. While it works, and fits in my box storage much better, it's also pretty terrible. The little tabs that hold the holders in place keep breaking. Then the holder slides around inside making a mess. IMO any type of hanging type box, or lid hangers like pictured above, are worlds better. But the hanger style boxes just don't fit right in the box storage on my boat. So they're left loose in there.

Think I'm going to build some lid hangers. I use bladed baits too much to not have an efficient way to store them.
    I tried every method you mentioned. I even tried the big Bill Dance box. None were sastifactory until I fabricated the hanger in the picture out of angle aluminum. It has it's drawbacks as well. I tend to overload it and that causes the spinnerbaits to tangle with each other. If I were to do it again I would make the holes a little further apart and cull some of the baits I rarely use...which is about 3/4ths of them. The other problem is over the years my load of rods has gotten higher...ie. closer to the spinnerbaits hanging above them. Sometimes one of the spinnerbaits gets tangled with the mesh rod covers. Both of the problems are caused by overcrowding and could be corrected with a little better housekeeping.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

12. Member
    I like it. What is the current spacing and what would you change the spacing to?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I tried every method you mentioned. I even tried the big Bill Dance box. None were sastifactory until I fabricated the hanger in the picture out of angle aluminum. It has it's drawbacks as well. I tend to overload it and that causes the spinnerbaits to tangle with each other. If I were to do it again I would make the holes a little further apart and cull some of the baits I rarely use...which is about 3/4ths of them. The other problem is over the years my load of rods has gotten higher...ie. closer to the spinnerbaits hanging above them. Sometimes one of the spinnerbaits gets tangled with the mesh rod covers. Both of the problems are caused by overcrowding and could be corrected with a little better housekeeping.

1" X 1" angle aluminum from Lowe's. Holes are ½" apart. That would probably be okay if you didn't overload them. ¾" might be better and spread them out a little.

I don't remember what size I drilled the holes. Make them big enough to where the barbs don't catch. Probably ¼" or 5/16"...something like that. I do remember being about halfway through drilling all those holes with my 18v Ryobi and thinking,"damn, I wish I had a friend with a drillpress".
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

14. Mike Lamb
    I have something like that I got from Ranger. I like it but was thinking about putting a magnet on it also. That way the spinner baits will stick to the magnet and not hang down.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

15. Member
    I would take everyother one off the rack shown above and store them in one of those binders used for 5 inch CD discs. Whole thing is about 10 inches square and has lots of storage for what could be your backup baits and will easily fit in a locker.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    I would take everyother one off the rack shown above and store them in one of those binders used for 5 inch CD discs. Whole thing is about 10 inches square and has lots of storage for what could be your backup baits and will easily fit in a locker.
    What I really need to do is just cull out about half of them. Some of them haven't been wet in years.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    What I really need to do is just cull out about half of them. B>Some of them haven't been wet in years.<B
    Remember that comment about using a quart size Ziplock bag, well my suggestion is similar, use a gallon size Ziplock, fill it to near capacity with those baits you haven't used in "YEARS" and ship them to me and I will rejuvenate them with usage, Remember what the USPS moto is "If it fits it ships!" HOW BOUT DAT?????

18. Member
    I just use the bait bar from the ranger website. Works great. Zero issues.

2001 Ranger 518 DVX
    2001 Mercury 200HP Optimax
    2010 Regal 2700ES

2007 Hummer H3-160,000 miles and still going strong
    (traded H3 in, 9/2018 with 210,000 miles)

2015 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4