Thread: Crappiepalooza

Banned

Crappiepalooza

First post here in the panfish forum.
    No one wanted to go fishing today. Better for me. Stopped off at Jim's Bait and Tackle to pick up 3 dozen large fatheads (a generous count) and some nightcrawlers. Hit my first area and caught a bunch of small white bass and small largemouth. Didn't want to waste too much bait on fish I couldn't keep. I moved from dock to dock on this 150 acre in the river system catching about a dozen crappies some more largemouth and a couple cats in the 4-5lb range. Even though action was hot, I was disappointed. All the larger crappies I caught came from this spot, but I was hoping for more. I blame it on the lake being overrun with gizzard shad that I was competing with. Next spot was where Jim from Jim's Bait told me to stop by but the river is in drawdown mode and as soon as I hit the mouth of the bay I was in silt so I turned around and hit my last spot of the day. Pulled the rest of the crappies off 2 docks. I used every minnow in the bucket and the 2 dozen crawlers are resting in the fridge. Ended up filleting about 3 dozen crappies 1 gill and 1 white bass
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Pretty fair days work gathering supper!!

3. Member
    Good job!

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Heck yeah! Come hang out with us in here more often.

5. Member
    Love me a mess of crappie!!