What low profile trailer tire brands and models have been good/bad?

Low profile trailer tire options, pics if you got 'em?

Posting here cuz I've seen Legend's with low profile tires.

Who likes em? Who hates em and why? Time for new trailer tires and looking to get wheels that sorta match my truck, and may go a couple inches bigger wheels while I'm at it, not redic dubs.

What brand and size tires have worked well? I've got 14" rims now, not going any bigger than 17".

I see that low profile trailer rated tires pretty much don't exist, right? You've gotta match your load range with a car tire? A lower sidewall tire, as long as it's good quality, should tow with less bounce, right? How could that be bad? I've read all sorts of 'don't put car tires on your trailer' posts, but nowadays, there's gotta be a solid way to pull this off and have good results...? Don't tell me to go to Wakeboard and Wakesurf forums, Lol.

2. Member
    My 2016 Legend came with 18" rims from the factory, wearing 255/45 ZR rated Sports car tires. It pulls like a dream and I wouldnt change it for anything. being a twin axle trailer, I dont think you could over load 4 tires of that size. The tires are not a big name brand, Velozza ZXV is the brand and model. Seem to wear good. Lots of miles on it this summer and they still look almost new.

i've been using these:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-S...Y-XL/146980471
    no complaints.

From our experience between 14” to 20” Wheels, we prefer the 18” size over all if you have room.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horowitz1282 View Post
    My 2016 Legend came with 18" rims from the factory, wearing 255/45 ZR rated Sports car tires. It pulls like a dream and I wouldnt change it for anything. being a twin axle trailer, I dont think you could over load 4 tires of that size. The tires are not a big name brand, Velozza ZXV is the brand and model. Seem to wear good. Lots of miles on it this summer and they still look almost new.
    Are you single or dual axle Horowitz? Anyone know what brand wheels Legend uses?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    From our experience between 14” to 20” Wheels, we prefer the 18” size over all if you have room.
    That could be my problem, BCB, space under the fender and width. Can you suggest a wheel supplier with trailer lug patterns?

The selection of tires and wheels in 17" and 18" is really good, I just need to know the BEST quality brands out there, I'd hate to have a big blow out and jack my rig up, being single axle. Only buying two tires, I'd get the absolute best I could if I knew of a good brand to look for. Would love to buy USA made too.

7. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Here is a link to them, Raceline, Mayham,Rockstars. The polished Aluminum rim i cannot find. I would love to have a set of them. EZloader said they could not get them for me either. I believe most of there wheels were 9” wide, but unsure of the offset.

For a supplier i would just do a search on wheels sites for your bolt pattern with a 0 offset or a very small one. -10/+10 would be my max. Im converting my trailer this winter and im about to buy a set of wheels as well.

Ive don’t lots of reasearch, send me an IM if you have any questions.

http://legendmarine.com/trailers/wheels/
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

The offset and wheel choices are slim in 5 holes on 4.5” bolt circle. You usually want a -9mm offset or a zero offset, though we suggest you reach out to EZ Loader TI service and get their opinion. They should have built your trailer.

870-481-5138

9. Member
    My last boat was a charger w/ EZ LOADER trailer. I had to switch fenders to put the 18" wheels. It was not very hard but was not cheap.