What brand and model are your low-profile trailer tires and are they good?

Low profile trailer tire options, pics if you got 'em!

Posting here cuz I see a lot of BC's with low profile tires.

Who likes em? Who hates em and why? Time for new trailer tires and looking to get wheels that sorta match my truck, and may go a couple inches bigger wheels while I'm at it, not redic dubs. 14's now, not looking to go larger than 17".

What brand and size tires have worked well?

I see that low profile trailer rated tires pretty much don't exist, right? You've gotta match your load range with a car tire? A lower sidewall tire, as long as it's good quality, should tow with less bounce, right? How could that be bad? I've read all sorts of 'don't put car tires on your trailer' posts, but nowadays, there's gotta be a solid way to pull this off and have good results...? Don't tell me to go to Wakeboard and Wakesurf forums, Lol.

I had them, hated them, bought new Stalker wheels. Much better ride and don’t have to worry about a random curb.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Banned
    There's no way I'd ever want a low profile tire on any of my trailers. Low profile tires simply don't last long. Run over a railroad track or chuck hole and their sidewalls will easily blow out.

Heck, I don't ever want them again on my automobiles either. I ordered my last car with 16" regular sidewall tires, and am hoping to get 60,000 miles out of them. My 45 series tires look great on my Lexus, but they're not hardly good for 25K miles.

Bass Cat started the 20” trend a long time ago. They were low profile Falkens and eventually they settled on 18” as the best overall size. They do use 15” on most trailers for the standard size. The Pantera Classic and Margay come in 14” and a base wheel.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I had them, hated them, bought new Stalker wheels. Much better ride and don’t have to worry about a random curb.
    Where did you get your Stalker wheels, @Bill2e, and do you know what size they were? What size/brand/model tires are you running?
    Last edited by Fishfreq; 11-06-2018 at 08:13 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Bass Cat started the 20” trend a long time ago. They were low profile Falkens and eventually they settled on 18” as the best overall size. They do use 15” on most trailers for the standard size. The Pantera Classic and Margay come in 14” and a base wheel.
    The selection of actual trailer tires is limited to my stock 14 inch wheels, it seems. Does BCB use an 18" wheel in a single axle config? Can you tell me some brand names of trailer wheels in 18" or 17"? Can you recommend an XL rated tire for those wheels? Thanks for being active on these forums, BCB's...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    There's no way I'd ever want a low profile tire on any of my trailers. Low profile tires simply don't last long. Run over a railroad track or chuck hole and their sidewalls will easily blow out.

Heck, I don't ever want them again on my automobiles either. I ordered my last car with 16" regular sidewall tires, and am hoping to get 60,000 miles out of them. My 45 series tires look great on my Lexus, but they're not hardly good for 25K miles.
    I have not had that experience Bamaman, aamof I've always upsized the wheels on my cars and went low profile, love the handling, and often use sticky tires for better grip in the turns. It's really like beer or whiskey preference I guess...

8. Member
    I have 18" BassCat sport wheels on my 2018 Eyra trailer. Had it 1 yr now and no issues, no noticeable wear, ride is good too. BCB fits General Tires and I'm impressed.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    I have 18" BassCat sport wheels on my 2018 Eyra trailer. Had it 1 yr now and no issues, no noticeable wear, ride is good too. BCB fits General Tires and I'm impressed.
    General Tires huh? Could I bother you to check what model, size and load rating General tire they used on yours FastCat? Narrowing it down here with your help. You're a tandem axle aren't you?

10. Member
    2018 BassCat Tandem Trailer
    General Grabber UHP tires
    255/55-18 size
    360 treadwear rating
    2271 load rating
    We constantly travel 2-10hrs for high school and college BASS tournaments and tires show no wear after 1 full year of use/towing. From Alabama, we've been to TX, La., Arkansas 2 times, Ga, SC, TN multiple times, Kentucky...and no issues. No complaints. True it's a stiffer ride than the smaller wheels we had on our P2 with 15" shooter wheels, but it doesn't cause any issues.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    2018 BassCat Tandem Trailer
    General Grabber UHP tires
    255/55-18 size
    360 treadwear rating
    2271 load rating
    We constantly travel 2-10hrs for high school and college BASS tournaments and tires show no wear after 1 full year of use/towing. From Alabama, we've been to TX, La., Arkansas 2 times, Ga, SC, TN multiple times, Kentucky...and no issues. No complaints. True it's a stiffer ride than the smaller wheels we had on our P2 with 15" shooter wheels, but it doesn't cause any issues.
    Thank you FastCat!! That's an amazing load range number and I'm confident I will not exceed that weight (x2) fully loaded. I may only go 17" or even 16" to give it a little sidewall flex if the load rating stays so high. My trailer is leaf spring and I'm thinkin' 18's will work the springs way harder. I'm betting you've got torsion axle springs that are a little more durable. Happy medium? Semi-low-profile.