2019 GM products

Has anyone got the new style Sierra or Silverado yet? Would like to hear what y’all think about the new trucks

I don’t have one but have driven one. I’ve owned 12 new Chevrolet trucks but just on looks alone I can’t buy one of these. The driving and ridding was fine and my friend that has this truck likes it but like me not a fan of the looks.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I don’t have one but have driven one. I’ve owned 12 new Chevrolet trucks but just on looks alone I can’t buy one of these. The driving and ridding was fine and my friend that has this truck likes it but like me not a fan of the looks.....
    I’ve got to somewhat agree on this. At first I didn’t like the looks but the have grown on me, especially in a couple of configurations that they have like the trail boss and the AT4. But have not got the chance to drive one yet. Reason I’m asking is my Ford Escape is going to be paid off in February and I’m debating on getting back in a GMC Sierra as I had an 02 and loved it, or just getting a SUV like an expedition. I would like a Tahoe or Yukon but the price deference between them and the Ford is a world of difference for the same year and comparable in how loaded the vehicles are.

4. Banned
    They came a solid third in the recent edmunds comparo...only beaten by the ford and ram.....was only 3 being compared

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Always been a gm man but these 19s are just too ugly for me. I couldnt stand to look at it in the driveway. For a major redesign i didnt think they did much to the interior either compared to others. I ended up with an 18 Ram. Lol
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Scraps
    Initial reaction, ugly. A shame cuzz the GM's were really good looking.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Banned
    I don't think the Silverados are ugly. I think they look too much like the last generation. GM put their C series developmental budgets into the technology of 5 different engines rather than kick a$$ bodies/frames.

But it's the price that'll keep me out of the retail market, as all truck manufacturers are using ultra high profit margins on pickups and SUVs to pay for operating losses on automobiles. Big, big profits will be required to pay for the partial electrification of the industry.

And regular working class folks simply do not have the personal income to pay for $50K+ pickups and fund the rest of their lives.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I don't think the Silverados are ugly. I think they look too much like the last generation. GM put their C series developmental budgets into the technology of 5 different engines rather than kick a$$ bodies/frames.

But it's the price that'll keep me out of the retail market, as all truck manufacturers are using ultra high profit margins on pickups and SUVs to pay for operating losses on automobiles. Big, big profits will be required to pay for the partial electrification of the industry.

And regular working class folks simply do not have the personal income to pay for $50K+ pickups and fund the rest of their lives.
    My truck stickered for far more than 50k. If you need a truck then you find away to afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Im sorry but for me they are going backwards in looks the last models were sharp IMO.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

Im a regular working class guy with a mortgage and all that good stuff and i afford my new truck just fine. I didnt pay $50k but $40k for my new ram and its an amazing truck. I had a 2006 sierra before that i owned for 10 years. Yea it was paid for but it started having some costly issues and for me dumping money in a 10 year old rig is not cost effective. In the end its still a 10 year old majority worn out truck. Sometimes you gotta pull the trigger.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

12. Member
    When I purchased my 2500 Denali recently, I viewed the 18 & 19 models side by side. No contest. I drove the 18 home. Just can't get used to the New look that GM went with.

13. Member
    The thing I don't like about them is the vertical fog lights. Most of the lines on the front are horizontal, just doesn't look right.

14. Member

I personally love the trail boss version with the different grill but not a huge fan of the High country and LTZ models...

15. Member
    Wait for the 2020s....they are a total redesign. Not looks but the front clip cab to fenders is a ford copy
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

16. Member
    They look like a bad play on a Tundra.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    They look like a bad play on a Tundra.

The canyon Colorado even have the tundras side profile.

I've noticed many of the sedans of GM Ford and imports are going to a very similar front end in the valance area.
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

18. Banned
    The new 2019 truck just didn't get enough new styling changes, and it looks like the 2018 truck. When the trucks were redesigned in 2014, they also got some criticism for not changing styling more.

But the new model trucks should drive and ride well.

There are no slouches in the full size truck retail market right now. Ford beat all the competition in technology, and electronic features, but Chevy/GM and Ram are coming on strong with big price incentives to push sales.