Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Seems like a lot of trouble to just change the looks.
    It's actually not and is quite simple.

I have the "lower" profile rims on my 521c - and there is a new tire sitting in my shop right shop ready to be mounted.... Rubbed a curb on on a turn that had some kinda of metal grate - sliced the tire and dinged the rim. A normal sidewall tire would have kept the rim from being banged up...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
    I have the "lower" profile rims on my 521c - and there is a new tire sitting in my shop right shop ready to be mounted.... Rubbed a curb on on a turn that had some kinda of metal grate - sliced the tire and dinged the rim. A normal sidewall tire would have kept the rim from being banged up...
    Its the tire and wheels fault you hit the curb?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Its the tire and wheels fault you hit the curb?
    Nope - completely my fault.. Point is, my previous trailers all had traditional higher sidewall tires and risk of rim damage was much lower.. 21' wide tandem axle trailer squeaking thru Sandusky on a heavy traffic day its pretty easy to rub a curb. The tires and rims are awesome looking though!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

5. Banned
    Personally I would never run low profile tires on a boat trailer. Without the shock absorbing side walls that energy has to transferred to the trailer and boat. Eventually something that shouldn't break will and it won't be cheap to repair.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Personally I would never run low profile tires on a boat trailer. Without the shock absorbing side walls that energy has to transferred to the trailer and boat. Eventually something that shouldn't break will and it won't be cheap to repair.
    Perhaps the suspension might absorb most of the shock?

7. Member
    Definitely not my thing I will stick with the normal wheels. There is a younger guy here that has 20in wheels on trailer and pulls it with the stupidest looking F250 I have ever seen. Truck has like 30in wheels with maybe 33in tires that stick out the side 10 inches a 12in chrome stack in bed and the rear of the truck sits about 5 inches lower than the front.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When I was younger the guys with those trucks drove little ricer cars....how did they get the money to spend on expensive trucks to make them look so dumb and useless? Take a 3/4 ton 4wd, lower it and put huge rims with tiny tires sticking out a foot. Damn kids!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I have a Legend V20 and it has 18"wheels. Tires are 255/45ZR18 103W XL and tow all over Texas w/ no issues. Trailer has torsion axle suspension and was constructed to handle the wheels tires put on it. All trailers are not equal.
    Obviously the more sidewall the softer the ride will be.
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfreq View Post
    I know there's some risk, but if I go with a strong beaded rim design and don't go with 19's or 20's like I see on some rigs out West here, I don't see it being much of a problem. I've been driving cars with low profile tires for decades and have not bent, pinched, bulged or popped one yet. Yes I see some cheap light import tires that feel like the sidewall is made of tissue paper, but I'll seek out HD tires, since I'm only buying two. Thanks for the offset pointer, you probably right...

I also have low profile tires and rims on my car and with the roads we have in California we need balloon tires cars and trailer I also live in and around Folsom Lake area and there roads are some what better then most but still not the greatest. And I have bent a rim . I cant imagine having then on a trailer with no shocks. It only takes one good pot hole to do them in. JMHO.

11. Member
    My boat came with 18’s and lower profile tires, they are car tires but with a dual axel trailer you aren’t anywhere near load ratings of a car tire.. Single axel then your hands are tied to good trailer tires.. trailer rides great but then again I have a 2500 so I forget it’s even back there lol.. sounds like some of you guys need bigger trucks if you are relying on sidewalls for a decent ride..quit curb checking your boats to lol

2018 blazer 625 Pro Elite
    2018 mercury 250 pro xs
    helix 12, helix 9
    ultrex 112, dual blades.

I believe they are talking about the ride on there boat not the truck.

13. Banned
    I'm thinking about installing a 6" lift kit with 36" mudders on my trailer.

14. Member
    3 pages and not a single pic. I thought this was place was cash money rich..

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I'm thinking about installing a 6" lift kit with 36" mudders on my trailer.
    Next thing you'll be taking the seats out so you can sit in the floor and lean way back with a hoodie on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123