Thread: Etec Hub issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The TBX hub is not round, it is like a rounded edge square so perhaps was fine-without pictures hard to say. I have seen more flo torq hub kits spin than TBX hubs spin.

2. Member
    I know. It was cracked in all the corner of the slots and the top was melted flat. It hadn't spun yet.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    May want to drop the gearcase and check the lower exhaust housing to make sure it is still there and then shine a light up the midsection and check the upper exhaust housing. Look for anything out of the ordinary such as cracks or missing gaskets. Possible blockages. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    May want to drop the gearcase and check the lower exhaust housing to make sure it is still there and then shine a light up the midsection and check the upper exhaust housing. Look for anything out of the ordinary such as cracks or missing gaskets. Possible blockages. etc.
    Yes doc,within a couple of words,this sounds very close to my last colonoscopy.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by santee bass View Post
    Yes doc,within a couple of words,this sounds very close to my last colonoscopy.
    At least I didn't put my hands on your shoulders and tell you to bend over..

6. Member
    As stated, mine is a 2010 gen1DHLISF model. Not a gen2

7. Member
    Sent you a PM

What is the top rpm you can get at full speed?
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

9. Member
    Was this problem ever solved? If so what was it?

Its a common issue with the mercury plastic drive sleeves. This will solve your problems.
    https://www.mertenmarine.com/Flo-Tor...Inch-850821Q12

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I don't think the Etec runs a hotter exhaust than my 03 DFI ...I have seen some melting under the nut and splined washer but the plastic insert is whole and that Bravo 1 will flat lift the hull.

Around here the plastic hub itself melts on long higher speed runs. This is on g2 engines so far- not sure about the older ones or difference in exhaust temps. I just know it doesnt leave you stranded if you put the metal one in there.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    I don't think the Etec runs a hotter exhaust than my 03 DFI ...I have seen some melting under the nut and splined washer but the plastic insert is whole and that Bravo 1 will flat lift the hull.
    You ever meet my buddy Yank from NC used to come to the shop often? He had a Frankenrude that they built down in the training center. It was a 3.3L DI changed over to a carbed block. He had temp sensors installed into the exhaust housing. Temps were high with the carbs on the 3.3L I'm sure they are higher on the DI's.

14. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I remember yank and the FrankenRude.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12