Wacky Rig Tool and silicone tube info please ...

Hey fellas ,

im looking for some specific info if someone can offer a helping hand.

1. I see the tool is a Nasal speculum and is pretty cheap on eBay etc.. they have different sizes such as a 5” 1/4, 3/4 small/ medium ... which size is the best for finesse worms and senkos in 5 inch sizes ?

2. What exact size silicone tubing is needed for the 5” senko ? And where can I find it .

thanks in advance .

I've not experimented with the silicone tubing to give any advice there so apologies if you're definitely set on using that, but you might consider using some heat shrink instead. It's cheaper, works extremely well, and doesn't require a special tool to apply.

Here's a thread from pretty recently with some links for buying it and some discussion about how to use it. 3/8" for senkos and other fatter baits, 1/4' for finesse worms, Trick worms, etc. 3:1 shrink ratio and adhesive lined is my choice just for keeping it in place the best, but really any will do.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Are you just using a lighter for the heat ? It’s not a pain to accidentally burn yourself ? Lol

4. Member

5. Member
    Yes I am but it’s cheaper on eBay for the same tool

6. Member
    Buy some heat shrink tubing, cut it in 1/4” pieces and slip it on your sensor and secure with a lighter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Are you just using a lighter for the heat ? It’s not a pain to accidentally burn yourself ? Lol
    Nah, just put it wherever you want it, fold the worm in half around the heat shrink holding it by the ends or otherwise hold it away from the heat shrink and hit it with a lighter. I usually just sit down in the garage and do up a dozen or two when I'm running low.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34