Highway 60 locks open?

Anyone know if they are running water (locks open) at the hwy. 60 lock at kissimmee?

2. Banned

3. Member
    The water on Kissimmee is getting low way too early this year. They ran too much out and then the rains stopped. I would say it is getting close to March levels.

4. Member
    An airboat friend was out there yesterday and said the locks are still open and the lake is very low. Government thinking at its best!

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ehh, bass don’t need places to bed in the next few months or anything! Keep draining it....idiots. (Sorry, hate seeing “them” mess with Mother Nature so much).
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Big O is at 13.7 ft and they are still releasing water....They are prepping for Modoki El Nino...

This thread is spooky.... What the heck are they doing? The dry season is just around the corner. I have never fished Kissimmee when it was REAL low..... I put in at Overstreet and some areas I fish won't have water in them. There wasn't much water in them last year toward spring. What a mess. If the water gets really is Overstreet still useable?
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

8. Work hard fish harder SwampNinja's Avatar
    Drop the big O!!! It needs it!
    Stratos 294 evo Etec 200 HO
    HydrillaGear.com IguanaGraphics.com

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When was the last time Kissimmee was super low? I remember the mid 90’s when they brought out the big machines and scraped the shorelines with the dozers...it was low then. Hatchenha was so low I couldn’t get to the cattails on the northeast end of the lake and the canal connecting them was kinda scary with opposing traffic. We also had a pretty bad drought for a few years.

Thats is the lowest I can remember but I’m only 42 and I was a teenager back then. I remember people being all up in arms because the lake would never come back. I haven’t been over to fish it since I started bass fishing again this year but the tournament weights are pretty amazing compared to the late 90’s-2004 when I was fishing tournaments there a lot. 16-18 pounds ruled for a while...it was pathetic, but the lake seems healthy now so it must be time to mess with it again.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Member
    Low water promotes native vegetation growth y'all....high water is the enemy not low water
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    Low water promotes native vegetation growth y'all....high water is the enemy not low water
    Vegetation can grow in high water. Just needs to be clean water. Stop killing the filter system (vegetation) Fishing was awesome on Okeechobee when the water was high. Used to run into Moonshine from the Ditch.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

12. Member
    What level is the north end at? heard it was 13.7 last week?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Vegetation can grow in high water. Just needs to be clean water. Stop killing the filter system (vegetation) Fishing was awesome on Okeechobee when the water was high. Used to run into Moonshine from the Ditch.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    What level is the north end at? heard it was 13.7 last week?
    OKEE. 13.65 yesterday
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

14. Member
    Thanks, are they pulling water out or letting any in?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    OKEE. 13.65 yesterday