Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Amistad and Falcon?

Leaving tonight for the journey to Texas! Going to Amistad first, then hopefully Falcon for a couple days. Will meet up with my old AF buddies next week and have some fun times fishing with them. Also going to look at some property while we are here. Calif is getting too damn expensive! Anyone know of any good places to stay down in Falcon? This will be first time fishing both of these lakes. Thank you to all who responded previously concerning Amistad! Appreciate it!

2. Banned
    If you move to Texas, don’t vote like you’re still in California. Our state is already being over run by people from California that have seen their state ruined. Now they want to move here because it’s “cheap” and the same crap will eventually happen here that happened there. Not trying to be an Ahole, but everyone on this page will agree that it’s getting old with the California mentality that’s coming in.

Places at Falcon that I know of: Amigo inn, blanco oso and I believe there’s a holiday inn in town. I’m sure someone will chime in with more places.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    If you move to Texas, don’t vote like you’re still in California. Our state is already being over run by people from California that have seen their state ruined. Now they want to move here because it’s “cheap” and the same crap will eventually happen here that happened there. Not trying to be an Ahole, but everyone on this page will agree that it’s getting old with the California mentality that’s coming in.

Places at Falcon that I know of: Amigo inn, blanco oso and I believe there’s a holiday inn in town. I’m sure someone will chime in with more places.
    So true Grout, live it, learn it, know it!!

4. Member
    So True

5. Member
    Thanks for the info! I am not a Californian by birth. I am a product of where the Military has sent me in my career. Last spring when I was in Alabama watching a weighin, I got verbally abused when I asked a question about the weighin. I guess I shouldn't of mentioned the fact that I lived in Calif! I actually laughed inside, but never said anything to the guy because all he wanted to do is tell me how Calif politics were horrible. I just wanted to talk fishing. Anyway, I have been all over the world and most of the states in this great country. Just haven't decided where I want to retire at yet. If we do decide to live in Texas, rest assured we will come in peace! Thanks again to all on this site! A lot of good info, appreciate it!

6. Banned

Amistad still fishing rough, but the scenery depending on where you fish there can be worth it alone.
    I don’t ever get to Falcon due to time constraints, so I don’t know how it’s fishing. When I can remember the name of the tackle shop there that does reports I’ll post it.

Listen to this guy if he’s posted an update recently.

http://www.tackleandrods.com/

Remember that if you travel into Mexican waters at either lake at any time, you will need a Mexico fishing license. If you buy one while at Amistad (Ranger dealership), the same one will still work at Falcon.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 10-26-2018 at 01:13 PM.

7. Member
    Awesome! Thank you guys for the info! Much appreciated. Yeah, do not want to have my boat and equipment confiscated over not having a Mexican fishing license! Will give a fishing report on how it went.

8. Member
    Champ, there is a tourney Sat Oct 26 will be about 100 or so boats. Diablo will be horrible for a while. AF Marina does have a useful ramp if needed. (FYI)

9. Banned
    Between the two I'd live at Amistad, lake is prettier and surrounding is better but the fishing is not that great most times. Falcon fishes better but Zapata is a dump in my opinion. Better places to live in my opinion, Rayburn, Toledo bend etc.

10. Member
    My part of the world. Miss it down there. Still have a trailer across from Diablo East.

I would rather live in Del Rio but the fishing has been better at Falcon. When Amistad is on, it is about as good as Falcon at its best. But Amistad has not been itself for the last 5 or 6 years.

11. Member

F'burg is already being over run too. Life was good here years ago.

12. Member
    I like to stay at the Orso Blanco in Zapata (Falcon)…..

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    I like to stay at the Orso Blanco in Zapata (Falcon)…..
    Yep. That is where I stay as well. Stay on the front side and you can back your boat right up to the door.

14. Member
    Again! Thanks to everyone who has took the time to reply! Some really nice people on this forum. Hope I can maybe return the favor sometime. Hey 6Boomer, we are staying in a couple cabins at the AF marina and will most likely be launching there. Its going to be a long drive, but well worth it to fish with my AF retired buddies. At one time we were all stationed in Calif together, now 2 are in Florida and the other is in Pennsylvania. The 2 in Fl want me to move there. Nice, but don't like hurricanes! LOL!

First of all, to the OP, thank you for your service Sir!

Well said scout! All’s welcome but Texas is the way it is because of less government and being small business driven. I hope you have great fishing and a safe trip! God Bless Texas.
    Last edited by TX721; 10-26-2018 at 11:31 PM.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Again! Thanks to everyone who has took the time to reply! Some really nice people on this forum. Hope I can maybe return the favor sometime. Hey 6Boomer, we are staying in a couple cabins at the AF marina and will most likely be launching there. Its going to be a long drive, but well worth it to fish with my AF retired buddies. At one time we were all stationed in Calif together, now 2 are in Florida and the other is in Pennsylvania. The 2 in Fl want me to move there. Nice, but don't
    like hurricanes! LOL!
    you will enjoy your stay at AF, the cabins seem nice, the area is very clean, and the boat ramp is good. There is also a marina store. You will enjoy your time a lake Amistad!

17. Member
    Thanks guys! We are at Amistad! Beautiful Lake! The fishing is a little tough, but heck the people here are friendly and the weather is pretty nice as well! Will try to keep you posted on how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Thanks guys! We are at Amistad! Beautiful Lake! The fishing is a little tough, but heck the people here are friendly and the weather is pretty nice as well! Will try to keep you posted on how it goes.
    Thanks for checking in probably won't get any better there, pack up and head to Falcon sooner than later!

Debra

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Hengst View Post
    Thanks for checking in probably won't get any better there, pack up and head to Falcon sooner than later!

Debra
    This^^^^^^ is great advice

20. Member
    Get ahold of Raul at Bassmans Lodge if you still need a place to stay while down at Falcon. He's retired Army and has a park model home he rents out down there and the prices are great. Very clean and secure boat parking as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast