Praying We lost a big member of the kayak bass fishing family

Hey guys, I am not sure how much you follow the kayak bass fishing side of things on here but I wanted to let you know that we lost a big member of our community Wednesday night. Rebecca Golden was pre-fishing for the KBF 100 Challenge championship on Toledo Bend and at some point during the afternoon she went missing. No one realized that she was missing until later in the day and she didn't return to the cabin she was staying at with a few other competitors. A search party went to look for her and found her vehicle still at the ramp where she launched from. They got on the water and around midnight they found her, but it was too late.

No reports have been posted yet as to what caused this tragic accident, but from what I read she did have her PFD on and it was inflated...and they found her near her kayak.

Please say a prayer for the family and her friends as they have to mourn such a tragic loss. I have not had direct interaction with her but I have communicated with her a few times and she fished in the same events that I did. It was a big loss for the kayak bass fishing family.

I will post on here if they end up holding a donation pool for her.

It was a HUGE loss for sure!! Amanda is judging the events this weekend and we got the news that next morning. I can’t believe she’s gone!!

So sad

Watch Your Six! I Have A Solution!

4. Member
    Very sad indeed. I have to wonder if she had some sort of medical condition happen on the water. Being an older kayak fisherman - I worry about that from time to time. She will be missed. Prayers and condolences to friends and family.

5. Member

Just to keep you guys updated, it looks as if the cause of death was accidental drowning. How and why it happened I have no idea as she was separated from her kayak but was found face up with her PFD inflated. The family stated that she still had her sunglasses on. I know she wears a manual inflate PFD made by Hobie and you have to pull the cord to have it go off. I don't think we will every find out what exactly happened.

Very sad all around.