Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just a little piece of info for ya. I had the heading sensor up by the trolling motor out in the open like yours is. I posted over on the trolling motor board asking if I had to have it or could it get heading information via blue tooth thru my GPS unit. I was told that if you wanted to have the jog feature and improved spot lock you have to have it. However, I was also told it could be out of sight as long as it pointed fwd. I moved mine into the rear compartment, outboard of my light holder up on a ledge right up next to the gunnel. I didnt like it up there in the open. I felt like I was already cramped up on the front deck and needed all the standing space I could get. Mine being a XB-2003 I dont have alot of deck space especially with the 2 power pole foot switches up there. With that said I have yet to take mine out on the water and try it. Anyhow, that is a great looking clean install you did a fantastic job.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Just a little piece of info for ya. I had the heading sensor up by the trolling motor out in the open like yours is. I posted over on the trolling motor board asking if I had to have it or could it get heading information via blue tooth thru my GPS unit. I was told that if you wanted to have the jog feature and improved spot lock you have to have it. However, I was also told it could be out of sight as long as it pointed fwd. I moved mine into the rear compartment, outboard of my light holder up on a ledge right up next to the gunnel. I didnt like it up there in the open. I felt like I was already cramped up on the front deck and needed all the standing space I could get. Mine being a XB-2003 I dont have alot of deck space especially with the 2 power pole foot switches up there. With that said I have yet to take mine out on the water and try it. Anyhow, that is a great looking clean install you did a fantastic job.
    I may relocate it eventually just for a cleaner look, space isn't a huge issue with the 21' but I need to recoup a little for now - I feel like I've pulled 1000' of cable through a maze of 1" openings standing on my head in the dark

Thanks for the compliment on the install.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    Thanks Joe - let's go fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by bamacj View Post
    Looks good Joe.

4. Member
    Hey Joe that 250 XS isn't the one I sold you is it?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyet67 View Post
    Hey Joe that 250 XS isn't the one I sold you is it?
    No sir, this one was on this boat when I bought it from Johnny.

6. Member
    Your not kidding about that monster being heavy. Put one in my 2+2 and had t o rig up an overhead pulley to get the old Sears die-hard out and that monster back in. Probably the on l y thing I don't like about my boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCasper View Post
    Your not kidding about that monster being heavy. Put one in my 2+2 and had t o rig up an overhead pulley to get the old Sears die-hard out and that monster back in. Probably the on l y thing I don't like about my boat.
    It is a heavy battery for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12