1990 Ranger 361 v

Does anyone know where I can find a deck extension for a 1990 361 v

2. Member
    jimmy, I built my own using 3/4" marine plywood. If you double if over, it will sit perfectly on the lips of the exposed fiberglass between the storage lids and sit perfectly level with the existing deck. I used a big piece of cardboard and laid under it to trace the pattern. After I had the two pieces cut, I glued and screwed them together, then put a couple coats of fiberglass resin to seal them good. Worked out great.

Now, I'm the most unhandy guy you'll ever meet, so if I did this, trust me, it was simple. The plywood cost me about $70 or so, so it's not that big of an expense. Try it!

3. Member
    You can get a metal shop to break you one out of .100" aluminum and weld in a support or 2, then use angle brackets to attach just like factor. Heck factory will still make you one i believe, worth a shot calling parts

4. Member
    Thanks it is worth a shot.

5. Member
    I too am a very unhandy person. You lost me in the double over part. There is carpet currently on the deck. Does that mean I have to remove the carpet for it to fit? The boat has the original carpet which is in excellent conditiion.

6. Member
    Think he meant cut the ply wood in half then put the two sections together making it 4 x 4 x 1 1/4 (instead of 4 x 8 x 3/4). Then use the cardboard template to cut the corners and such to fit. Not that handy with wood work myself but I believe that's what he meant. I will be building one for my boat before to long.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I would not doubt that Ranger would build you one.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I would not doubt that Ranger would build you one.
    i dont think ranger has the the mold for them,i was by ranger there was a fire at one time and they lost them

9. Member
    .44mag was correct, thanks for clearing that up. I actually cut one piece first then traced it to the second one. I called Ranger, they do not make these anymore. jimmy, no need to remove any carpet, if you cut it right it will sit nicely on the fiberglass lip and all your doors will open easily.

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Bummer they don’t make them anymore. My 361 I had, had a factory deck extension. I’d think it would easy enough to make a simple one out of plywood.

mold? maybe wrong but the whole deck is wood....I have a ext. deck on my 92 361....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    mold? maybe wrong but the whole deck is wood....I have a ext. deck on my 92 361....
    the original deck extensions were molded similar to your rod box lids, it also had a door in the middle for storage. It was held in by thumbwheels 2 on each side and 1 in the floor. I had one when I ordered my 91 361. They were removable and not watertight
    Last edited by Ky 520c; 11-01-2018 at 10:38 PM.

My '94 361V had a factory extension. The deck and hatch were laminated wood and the rear vertical wall was 100% molded fiberglass.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois