Thread: Santee in April

Santee in April

What should I expect in April as far as temps and spawn on Marion. Planning around mid month. Our son is stationed at Fort Stewart and I am trying to get close so we can fish together. Not sure yet if he can get leave but if I get close enough he should be able to fish some anyway. Looks like Santee is about 2 hours, I dont see anything sizable any closer. Is there any other lake in SC or GA that I should consider, just looking for shallow water fishing(grass, pads, stumps, etc) and get close to Stewart. Thanks

2. Member
    I used to live in Savannah and Pooler. Santee is def your best bet for fishing a regular sized lake that has any grass. Depending on the weather this winter you should be able to experience the tale end of the bass spawn and the beginnings of the shad spawn.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

The bass should be on the cypress trees very strong by mid-April.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments