Purchasing a new G3 Sportsman 1610

I'm looking forward to taking delivery on my new Sportsman 1610 with a 70 hp 4 stroke. I decided to have a Minnkota Fortrex 80 installed for two reasons. The lift assist feature and built in sonar are worth it to me. I also went with the Powerpole Micro unit. It may be the only aluminum boat on the lake with a rooster tail coming off the trolling motor. Lastly I went with a Lowrance Hook 7 triple shot near the console and a split shot for the bow. The most important thing was having a boat that will fit in my garage.

2. Member
    congrats on new boat. I'm looking at a lund 1775 pro guide this spring, but I have a feeling the guy will change his mind. also looking at the sportsman 1710 camo with 90sho all vinyl. the only thing I don't like is the rod storage box. seems alittle small. not sure yet . also looking at the triton with the spray in line. I like it better than the vinyl wrap . still doing some research.

I'm with you guys and coming from a 2009 Eagle 170, that Sportsman 16 looks like a pretty good boat in its price point. Was also looking at the Lund Renegade 1775 but the cockpit is not comfortable for me.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I bet that boat with cruise! Congrats!

5. Member
    G3s rock