Bilge area PT185...

Doing a little upgrades to my live well system. Adding a drain on the left side or the overflow. Boat leans bad to the left when fishing 3 people on the right and causes it to seep out in the carpet . Adding new hoses, aerator, bilge pump etc. I have the live well, and back deck, fuel tank out of it. If it's possible for anyone to get a pic of the supply hose coming to the flow rite valve and how it needs to be laying I would be really in your debt. Thanks in advance. It's a hard spot to get to but thought I would ask......Mater

BRIAN PETERS
    20 CC COMP
    2.5 OFFSHORE

I have a PT185 but not sure what you are wanting a picture of ? is it a picture of the live well pump or where it's hoses are going ?

???
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Mine is an 2003. Basically I need a pic of the inlet inside the transom to the live well control valve inlet. Someone before me had replaced the aerator. Now the system has to be siphoned from the inlet of the live well to work. I'm positive the line is not laid in there like it needs to be. Should it be uphill all the way to the valve and aerator pump as long as it's below the water level outside? It should be the same for any boat with a live well I would think. There is very limited room to mount anything back there. Not very easy to get to anything to say the least. Either way I'm replacing the lines and adding the drain to the live well and want to make sure it's right before going back together. After it's primed it works fine until I either raise it on the lift, or put in on the trailer.

BRIAN PETERS
    20 CC COMP
    2.5 OFFSHORE

Here are some more, very tight with gas tank there but shows pump inside transom...

6. Member
    Thanks for doing that. Looks like mine is different. Mine has the flow-rite valve, with empty and auto select option control lever up by the driver. I may have had a sag in the line creating an air lock. Only thing I can figure. I have worked on boats for years and never had one this aggravating. lol

BRIAN PETERS
    20 CC COMP
    2.5 OFFSHORE

This is all I have, when mine was out. But it’s a 06 175. The hole to the center right as the fill hole. The straight pipe vertical, has the overflow valve at the top that the hoses are covering up at the bottom of that hose bottom of tank. Is the drain there is a hose with the T on it that hooks both The drain and overflow together. That runs to the transom. The white valve is the flow rite. For aeration and pumpout. The pup actually has the fitting on the inside with the screen vent that is your pump out and aeration pump. Very simple designs but works extremely good.
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 10-25-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Here’s a pic of the drain and over flow hose with the T fitting. There clear hose that’s not hooked to anything goes to the fill fitting top- center right.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Hard to see, but the pump on the left is the bilge pump. The pump on the right is the livewell fill pump. The far right fitting with hose is the hose with the T fitting for pump out and over flow.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

10. Member
    Those 175s are everywhere! I hear they are the number 1 seller. Mine is completely laid out different. The aerator pump is mounted to the control valve at the transom. The only thing at the live well is the hoses. Overflow, inlet, and drain. If they would've spent just a little more time laying these little boats out they really would be awesome rigs. The factory and dealers are no help at all. Thanks again for the pics.

BRIAN PETERS
    20 CC COMP
    2.5 OFFSHORE

11. Member
    Got everything hooked up and dumped her in the water. Working great. Must have had an air lock in the supply line. Thanks again.

BRIAN PETERS
    20 CC COMP
    2.5 OFFSHORE

Quote Originally Posted by MaterHead View Post
    Got everything hooked up and dumped her in the water. Working great. Must have had an air lock in the supply line. Thanks again.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.