Thread: Thoughts?

Banned

Thoughts?

I have a 17P X7 that's turning 5720 @ 42.5. Can this prop be messaged some? Is a blueprint and re-pitch to 18 possible and would it be beneficial? Target rpm 5500-6000.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Is a blueprint and re-pitch to 18 possible and would it be beneficial? Target rpm 5500-6000.
    I'm not sure it would be beneficial... You are turning good rpms now and adding pitch may slow you down. If the motor is rated at 6000 rpms and you are only turning 5720, Why would you want more pitch? Most outboards make the most HP at the upper end of the rpm range. Some think adding pitch makes the boat go faster. I have seen boats go faster by reducing pitch... Not saying you should. If your prop is near perfect in shape and identical blades, You might not gain anything from a blueprint. If it is off a lot, You might gain some.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

That's a lot of money to MAYBE gain 1 MPH.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    That's a lot of money to MAYBE gain 1 MPH.
    Isn't a boat nothing more than something to throw money at?

5. Banned
    Isn't a boat nothing more than something to throw money at?

Depends on your stupidity level.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Depends on your stupidity level.
    That statement fits quite a large segment of BBC

7. Banned
    That statement fits quite a large segment of BBC

I think we all pretty much fall into it, think about the money we spend chasing after little green fish just so we can throw them back.

8. Member
    I am with 21xdc on this one. You are right where you should be rpm wise. If you go up an inch of pitch you will lose rpms and speed most likely. You might be able to gain some speed with a three blade prop, but it may not handle as well as your four blade. You will most likely lose hole shot with a 3 blade. Just remember it is still a tin boat with a hopped up 75 4s, you aint gonna gain alot without spending a lot.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I am with 21xdc on this one. You are right where you should be rpm wise. If you go up an inch of pitch you will lose rpms and speed most likely. You might be able to gain some speed with a three blade prop, but it may not handle as well as your four blade. You will most likely lose hole shot with a 3 blade. Just remember it is still a tin boat with a hopped up 75 4s, you aint gonna gain alot without spending a lot.
    Yeah, I know she’s doing about all she can do.