Boat towing ins. Who are you using and $$$?

I keep one tinny in Texas, and the other in TN.

So, I need towing coverage for both FW lakes the Saltwater Flats in Texas ( no offshore, just 16 and 17 ft. boats) and coverage on the major Tenn. lakes (Chickamauga, Watts Bar, Melton Hill, etc.).

Also, I may want insurance for a breakdown while towing the boat. I don't think that my present AAA auto insurance will tow the boat and trailer, but I am not sure.

I presently have Boat US and am considering changing. Policy expires soon.

Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
    thanks, richg99

2. Member
    RE: AAA You can add towing coverage to your boat policy and/or your auto policy. It's way less than AAA. I'd start there first. Typically your auto coverage will extend to the trailer/boat your towing. So you may only need it on your Auto policy.

3. Member
    I guess my original message wasn't very clear. I was talking, mostly, about having my BOAT towed from the middle of the lake someplace if it were to break down. The trailer/boat towing is secondary to my basic need.

As it turns out Seatow doesn't have service in the Tennessee lakes that I fish during the summer. I went back to Towboat US (Boat US). I have coverage both on the water, and on the road if I break down (car or trailer) while trailering.

Thanks for the help.