Help with interpretation ...Helix 9 Mega

Are these fish ?

I was trying to see fish around the tree on the left. I don't think there is enough detail to see. Was I not close enough?

on the left was a dock...I don't see how I could see fish here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Try lowering your distance down to around 60' on each side you will see more detail. II think it is showing some fish in the water column in your picture. Need to make sure your scroll speed matches your boat speed. I always look for fish shadows more than I do for actual fish outside of the water column. Post more images and I'm sure someone on here can help point you in the right direction.

Looks like your depth was about 12'. To get the most detail, set the SI Range to three times the depth.
    That will give you 1/3 of each side for the water column and 2/3 of each side for the bottom.

The Sensitivity is way to high for the dock image. You want the bottom dark enough to not wash out the fish shadows and the light fish returns themselves.

You can make subjects appear larger by using a Chart Speed that is faster than the GPS speed ----stretches the images.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Second pic is not on Mega. Not sure about the others.

5. Member
    sorry for being such a newb, but when you say its not on mega are you talkking about because of the frequency i have it on ?

Yes the frequency.

The lower the frequencies the better the range you will get. Higher frequencies will give more clarity and sharper image quality.

7. Member
    I see fish in two of your pics.
    1-pic bottom right hand side although pic is kinda hot.
    2-pic fish all over the right hand side and a few fish scattered in the tree stump. As stated above bring your range down and you’ll see them better . Your sensitivity is just about spot on for my eyes anyway .
    3- pic way to hot to see any fish on the dock side . This is the only thing that really sucks about running parallel with the bank one side is always hot and the other side is always cold. Generally if I’m looking under docks what I do is just make the whole screen one side and concentrate on that side .

8. Member
    Where about do you see them in the stump?