Zoom Swimmin’ Super Fluke Sizes?

Are there 3 different sizes of the Zoom Swimmin’ Super Fluke? Zoom’s Website shows they are 5” and 4” for the JR’s (same with Tackle Warehouse). However BPS shows the Jr’s at 3.5”. So I am wondering if maybe they produced a 3.5” at one time and now just 4” & 5”? I’d like to get the smallest size they have, just not sure if the 3.5’s are a discontinued size or not.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I only see the 4” and 5”, the 4” being the jr.

Zoom’s website says the same thing...maybe BPS just messed up?

Sorry but im seeing the same as you are.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Agree. Tackle Warehouse says 4" and 5" as well. I've only ever seen any of the Zoom swimbaits in 4" and 5".

For what it's worth, the Reaction Innovations Little Dipper is very similar to the Swimmin' Super Fluke (I like it better) and is 3.5"
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Agree. Tackle Warehouse says 4" and 5" as well. I've only ever seen any of the Zoom swimbaits in 4" and 5".

For what it's worth, the Reaction Innovations Little Dipper is very similar to the Swimmin' Super Fluke (I like it better) and is 3.5"
    Agree with Drew--the little dipper makes an excellent fluke style bait

5. Member
    The website for our Retail Stores up here (Canadian Tire) say it's 3.5" also, but my local store doesn't have them so I can't even check to verify.

I'm actually looking for the smallest variation for use as a Dropshot, not as a Swimbait. So I would prefer it to be 3" - 3.5" to imitate the minnows we have up here instead of Shad.

I can relate to not wanting to imitate shad as we only have them here in the Mississippi (and rivers that it drains). None of our lakes have them. Smaller shad imitations usually do well to imitate shiners, and selecting colors other than white in other common swimbaits can do well to imitate perch or small bluegills.

You do want a bait with a boot tail or otherwise swimming tail though, right? That still leaves the Little Dipper as a fantastic choice that for sure is available in that 3.5" size and is in much the same form factor as the swimming super fluke. Big Bite Baits also has a paddle tail swimbait that's very similar in a 3.25" size. Netbait has another one in a 3.25" size. The Yum Pulse is yet another available in 3.5" that fishes very well.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Had to split this up as the board must've thought I was spamming stuff....

If you like their stuff Z-man has several options that are even smaller, albeit in a slightly different profile. The Slim Swimz is a great little 3" swimbait that will work well on a drop shot. It looks like nothing, but after eyra_kid talked them up I picked some up to try. They work extremely well. Their Minnowz are available in 3" sizes as well as the Pogyz - the former is similar to the Slim Swimz with a little less kick due to a thicker transition from body to tail and more substantial body, while the latter is a short, stouter swimbait actually marketed as a saltwater bait that likely could do well to mimic bluegill. They have a bunch of other minnow-shaped baits in small sizes that don't have a swimming tail if that's something you want to check out. The TRD Minnowz (3.5"), Streakz 3.75 (3.75"), and Finesse Shadz (4" but fishes smaller...the tail is quite thin but long) are all options.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    The website for our Retail Stores up here (Canadian Tire) say it's 3.5" also, but my local store doesn't have them so I can't even check to verify.

I'm actually looking for the smallest variation for use as a Dropshot, not as a Swimbait. So I would prefer it to be 3" - 3.5" to imitate the minnows we have up here instead of Shad.
    I'd try the Tiny Fluke at 3" over the swimming flukes on a drop shot.

9. Member
    I would say the Zoom swimming fluke jr is 3.5" instead of 4". It is the same length as the RI Little Dipper and shorter than the Keitech Fat Impact 3.8.

Allen