Thread: Racoon problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    "Golden Malrin" mixed with a Pepsi in a bowl. Problem solved. PM me James and I will tell you all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    "Golden Malrin" mixed with a Pepsi in a bowl. Problem solved. PM me James and I will tell you all about it.
    That crap killed my uncle's prize coon dog.

3. Banned
    Well I ended up taking my son and turned him loose on them with the 22 mag the other evening. He ended up with 5 squirrels, 3 coons and one crow. He is only 7 so he got some good shooting practice. He was as prourd as if he killed a grizzly bear so it worked out good. I haven't gotten another pic of a coon since then so I guess the other ones got the message and packed their bags and went to someone else corn pile.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Well I ended up taking my son and turned him loose on them with the 22 mag the other evening. He ended up with 5 squirrels, 3 coons and one crow. He is only 7 so he got some good shooting practice. He was as prourd as if he killed a grizzly bear so it worked out good. I haven't gotten another pic of a coon since then so I guess the other ones got the message and packed their bags and went to someone else corn pile.
    I can’t think of a better solution. Good for you both.

5. Banned
    Glad you got that problem taken care of (maybe) Looks like y'all will be having BBQ coon

6. Member
    High five the little man on a job well done on the coons. Might have saved a few turkeys.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc3 View Post
    Hav-A-Hart is your friend. Live trap those bandits and transport them MILES away .
    Yeah, that's always good..I live in the country and good hearted people always dropping something off and now I get to deal with it...take care of your own problems....also agree with Ky-triton....

Here is a disturbing coon story for you. I have a little mountain feist squirrel dog, he treed a coon behind my house last week. My little boy got excited and wanted to shoot out the coon. I let him pop him out with my 17hmr. Being his first coon, I figured I'd skin it out for him so he could have his pelt. The entrance hole was in the gut, as I started down with the skinning process a mass of intestinal worms started protruding out of the ruptured gut. It was a ball of them about the size of an orange, pointed ends and transparent in color. I have a strong gut but about lost it. Needless to say the skinning process ended at that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12