Thread: Hair jigs

Hair jigs

I do not have a huge selection of hair or hand tied jigs, I am a big fan of plastic but am looking for some recommendations on tied or hair jigs. When do you use em? What sizes do you like? Any go to brands or companies you use? I use a few BPS 1/8 oz hair jigs but only during the winter when the water is below 45 degrees, looking to expand my horizons. Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    Check out Nothead Tackle. Outstanding hair and feather jigs. I use them all year long. They can be purchased from olerivertacklewarehouse.com

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have a few plano boxes full of hair jigs. There is a guy local to me that makes them and is what I consider cheap. Do you have a facebook? He sells them in several stores but to my knowledge doesn't have a website. PM your address and I will send you some of what I have. I also have a local tackle shop tie them for me as well. I cant tell you when the best time to use them but there are times when they wont bite anything else I will put on a hair jig and have success. There is also a heated dock close by here that puts daily fishing reports up. The main guy often says the fish wont hit anything but hair jigs. Not sure if there is anything to it or not. LOL