200 efi with racing gearcase. Can you run on muffs?

Recently brought home a champion with a 200 efi. Has a racing gearcase, I assume?

Can I put muffs in this type of gearcase or am I stuck going to the lake to perform tests?

Serial number is 0G318842

20181006_172946~2.jpg
    Last edited by RickCamilleri; 10-24-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That appears to be a modified gearcase- difficult to tell for sure from the angle shown.

More than likely will have to be in a test tank, or lake.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Looks like an off shore cle, you can get a special muff for it. There is a good launch you can use to run it in Whitby harbour if your in the east end. That lower isnt ideal for your boat, a stock non coned lower would be a little faster, that cle is meant for lighter boats and to be run high.

Google up noodle flusher, I’ll try to get a picture of mine for you.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet02 View Post
    Google up noodle flusher, I’ll try to get a picture of mine for you.
    Please do- you've peaked my curiosity.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Found this as a low water pick up flush
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Please do- you've peaked my curiosity.
    I've seen 'em made several different ways, can be as simple as cutting off the end of the garden hose adapter, jamming 3 little hoses in there and siliconing them up. This one works great, with the soft flexible little hoses jammed in there I actually get a little water pressure before even starting the motor.

1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

I've seen 'em made several different ways, can be as simple as cutting off the end of the garden hose adapter, jamming 3 little hoses in there and siliconing them up. This one works great, with the soft flexible little hoses jammed in there I actually get a little water pressure before even starting the motor.

Nice unit, I have one with the tubes siliconed into the fitting I got with a motor but have never used it. Years ago just reversing a regular muff with the water feed in the bracket and using a couple bungees to hold it worked on a sporty in a pinch

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Interesting. I've adapted a few different attachments over the years- mainly for the aftermarket pickups (Bob's, Titus, etc).

Made one from a leather glove, cut the tip of the middle finger and put the hose in it then put a plastic tie on it followed by two holes in the cuff so it can be strapped on with a bungee. Worked great lots of flow, saw it on the net. I have a 4 hole cle

11. Member

I keep thinking I need to make one of these... I suppose if the ramp was more than 10 minutes away I would have done it by now.

water line for refrigerators is the perfect fit and stiff enough to push in the holes

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 123trentm View Post
    water line for refrigerators is the perfect fit and stiff enough to push in the holes
    The copper ones?

plastic opaque in color