Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    What connection are you referring to so i can check that out? And this has been on smooth water since the beginning. I live on a river system

2. Member
    It's a spade connector that I wired in years ago. But factory connectors can loosen up and/or slide apart also.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    It’s probably the connection to your helix 12. Humminbird had problems with that in the past. Mine was doing the same thing and I had to do a little tweaking on the connectors to fix it.

4. Member
    When you say tweaking are you referring to just bending the two metal prongs inside the plastic connector a little to get a better connection?

5. Member
    Yes. I had to do it to my birds on my old boat. They would cut off on the slightest waves.

6. Member
    Ok thanks, i will give that a try and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher20 View Post
    It’s probably the connection to your helix 12. Humminbird had problems with that in the past. Mine was doing the same thing and I had to do a little tweaking on the connectors to fix it.
    X2

I have been also chasing my tail on this problem. Ive done and checked everything. Ive rewired them thru a fuse box and all. I was at humminbird yesterday and 3 reps told me to wire it straight to the battery with an inline fuse. Like you, it only effects my console unit. Ive also replaced my battery with a 29 series. Ill try Humminbird suggestion, just because I have nothing else to try.

My non electrician opinion is, it is a design in the unit problem. There is no way they will admit it. Too many people have the same issue with no resolution.

9. Member
    I had this same problem with older 898's and for some reason wiring it directly to the battery worked. I used this setup but you could make it yourself.

http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/power-cable-extension-p-19826.html

10. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions men. I'm gonna tweak with the connection this weekend and take it out. If im still having the problem after that, i'll just wire it straight to the battery. If that dont fix it then im not sure which direction i'll head then.

11. Member
    Well after the messing around with the connection on the back of the unit for a couple hours and trying it this weekend, still didnt fix it. I went ahead and ordered the power cable duncan suggested and will try to get that ran up and tested. Still completely mind blown on everything worked fine for the first 6 months i had the boat, then went to compltely shutting off as getting on plane, to now shutting off only at WOT. Frustrating to say the least lol

12. Member
    Just an update, ended up ordering the power cable from Shut up and fish that was suggested and ran the unit direct to the battery which solved my problem thank goodness. I was tired of messing and troubleshooting this issue lol.

13. Member
    Has anybody else experienced this? Looking to upgrade into a new 9 series, and I'm worried the wiring from the factory will not be adequate. Its the first I've heard of it, with the integrated wiring system, but I want to make sure.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    Has anybody else experienced this? Looking to upgrade into a new 9 series, and I'm worried the wiring from the factory will not be adequate. Its the first I've heard of it, with the integrated wiring system, but I want to make sure.
    the integrated wiring can support 4 12s if properly wired, there is 2 sides to that fuse block, one side has an 8 awg wiring going to the battery disconnect
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the integrated wiring can support 4 12s if properly wired, there is 2 sides to that fuse block, one side has an 8 awg wiring going to the battery disconnect
    Drew, does Phoenix properly wire the graphs from the factory? Meaning they wire them to the correct fuse block side?
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    from the factory when you just get one at the console and one at the bow they will usually be wired to the original factory harness, not to the fuse block itself with a fuse installed, if they are on the fuse block I would make sure they are on the bottom
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I'm a little late but wanted to share my results since everyone was so helpful. I took all sugesstions and started with the simplest and cheapest. Simply moving the humminbird hot wire to the bottom of the stack of wires on the battery post did the trick. My console 1199 has not shut down in the last 4 trips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12