Thread: 2014 150 pro xs

2014 150 pro xs

Hey guys i have a miss in my engin and had a complete tune up besides wires whats yalls opinion its kinda like a dead miss if that makes since

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and update your post with the Required Information.

Thanks!

Have you looked to make sure that all of the plug wires are properly connected to the spark plugs, and inspected the plugs themselves?

Normal diagnostic measures are to start with the BASICS:

-Compression Test
    -Spark Test
    -Fuel Quality, Delivery, and Air/Fuel Pressure Tests

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joeldsetser2311 View Post
    Hey guys i have a miss in my engin and had a complete tune up besides wires whats yalls opinion its kinda like a dead miss if that makes since
    I had similar issue with my 2013 150 pro xs, it had a rough idle and sounded like it would almost stall out. It had a fresh 100 hr service only 10-15 hours prior. I checked the plugs and noticed a few were fouled and not gapped properly in guessing the dealer had the right plugs just didn't gap them to spec. Soon as they where gapped motor ran like a dream. I also started to use 91 gas that also helped the motor run smoother. No issues since.