Aurora Cover questions

which one of the Aurora covers is waterproof. which ones do you all use. my boat just has the cloth style cover which works fine to keep the leaves and junk like that out but when it rains while towing it soaks through the cover and the boat is soaked

2. BBC SPONSOR
    The Aqualon cover by Aurora is the best one, It will be the cover I am getting for the Caracal.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    The Aqualon cover by Aurora is the best one, It will be the cover I am getting for the Caracal.
    No, the Sunbrella Supreme is their highest quality cover, the most waterproof, has a nice soft flocking inside so that it does not rub your gel coat, and naturally is their most expensive.

Luke, if Aurora has the pattern for your Cougar, they could probably make you one out of that fabric. Best cover I have ever had.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    No, the Sunbrella Supreme is their highest quality cover, the most waterproof, has a nice soft flocking inside so that it does not rub your gel coat, and naturally is their most expensive.

Luke, if Aurora has the pattern for your Cougar, they could probably make you one out of that fabric. Best cover I have ever had.
    Ah, learned something new today, thanks! I will look into this as well as I have not picked my cat up yet
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I have owned several basscats and Basscat covers,do yourself a favor and go to your local canvas shop,you will get a way better cover especially for towing.oklahoma custom canvas in Tulsa makes the best I’ve ever had,not sure where Cuba is but he is worth a couple hour drive.

6. Member
    I've owned 2 eyra's in the last 4 years with the aurora sunbrella strapless cover and it is the bomb! Fits like a glove, no chaffing, water proof, very nice addition to have! I live in southeast Louisiana and we get lots of rain. I hate road grime in my carpet so if there is a chance of rain I tow to and from the launch with the cover on. Makes after trip clean ups much easier!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

My Cougar originally came with an Aqualon cover from Aurora. I sold it and bought the Sunbrella version from them. It is A LOT better. Better lining, better water proofing and dries quicker. If you can swing the price, get a Sunbrella.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    I had the sunbrella on my zx 190. The white felt like material on the inside would get all in my carpet. Also, when ordering make sure you tell them you want it fitted without the two fishing seats on pedestals. I was not asked and thought it would be a given. Nope. Got a cover that could not be trailered unless I had the seats up.

Good point! Be very specific in what you want. Seats up/down, strapless or not, maybe just one strap towards the front.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

10. Member
    The Sunbrella "Supreme" does not have white felt inside. It has a soft black flocking inside that does not shed. My BCB strapless covers that I have had from Aurora have been made to travel without the seats in, but using the adjustable tent poles that they provide. The trolling motor is also a factor, as some are larger and higher (especially the Ultrex). The fabricator usually requires a lot of detail (number of consoles, motor cover separate, troller brand and model, etc.).

As I mentioned, for Luke's 03 Cougar, if Aurora has the pattern, I'm sure that they would be able to make him a very good cover. If they don't have the pattern, then a reputable local canvas maker who could actually put his hands on the boat and measure accurately would probably be better to deal with.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    The Sunbrella "Supreme" does not have white felt inside. It has a soft black flocking inside that does not shed.
    I got their top of the line cover (Coastguard Marine Acrylic) and it has white felt that is all in my carpet. I will be happy to take a pic next time I am around my boat.

12. Member
    [QUOTE=catdude28;9750169]No, the Sunbrella Supreme is their highest quality cover, the most waterproof, has a nice soft flocking inside so that it does not rub your gel coat, and naturally is their most expensive.

i have this one it’s awsome. But I do not tow with it. My cover is black so is felt
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

I have the Sunbrella cover, ordered from Bass Cat. Fits perfectly, keeps the water out, looks great. It’s been put to the test lately with all the rain and traveling and works great.

The Sunbrella Supreme cover does not have white felt to line the inside. Sunbrella Supreme has been recomm need and used since appx. 2012 on the strapless covers.

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I got their top of the line cover (Coastguard Marine Acrylic) and it has white felt that is all in my carpet. I will be happy to take a pic next time I am around my boat.

15. Member
    I have a 2105 Caracal and they previous owner put a Ultrex on the boat and the Aurora cover doesn't seem to fit the best. Has anyone done any modifications to their cover to get it fit better? thx Brian

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    That sounds like the Aqualon cover.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownBee View Post
    I have a 2105 Caracal and they previous owner put a Ultrex on the boat and the Aurora cover doesn't seem to fit the best. Has anyone done any modifications to their cover to get it fit better? thx Brian
    Have you tried to adjust the tent poles lower? I went from Fortrex to Ultrex, and was still able to get it to fit by adjusting those poles, although tighter than before. If the original troller was Motorguide, pole adjustment likely wouldn’t be enough. In any case, a local canvas shop should easily be able to release it around the troller if need be.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

We doubt that works on this situation.