Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Assume you win the Mega Millions Tonight...

Keep it clean, how to you tell your boss you quit?

And... GO!

I like my job and boss so I probably go in and give a notice effective end of the week. Not very creative but it is what it is.

All ready retired!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I would have my new limo driver stop in and tell him.

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Would continue working until all the money is situated and payouts start. Like who I work for and with, would not leave them hang so give notice and a chance to backfill.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

5. Member
    Invite him to go fishing on my new private bass pond.

6. Member
    I like my boss to, so I would put my two week notice in and work it. Just to prove to myself I have the discipline.

7. Member
    My boss and company have been very good to me. I'd politely tell them to start looking for a replacement and after I train them, I'm gone.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

8. Member
    If I were to win tonight's!!!!! I'm not sure they would even hear from me again..... Might not even come back for my toolbox. Lol
    Semper Fi

9. Member
    Already retired ... but I'd be tempted to buy the joint and fire his ass anyway.

drop my Work bag with laptop at the front door when no one is around and I'm never heard from again

11. Member
    I wouldn't quit until I did some research and found out what I needed to do to maintain my healthcare...I know with that kind of money wouldn't need to worry but I have a pre existing condition and would want to run some numbers before I burnt any bridges..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

12. Member
    I would go in and do nothing, just to see what it feels like.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I wouldn't quit until I did some research and found out what I needed to do to maintain my healthcare...I know with that kind of money wouldn't need to worry but I have a pre existing condition and would want to run some numbers before I burnt any bridges..
    Not saying you don't have good math skills ... but $1.6 billion will buy you a nice hospital, doctors, diagnostic equipment, etc.
    Best of all, you'll have a new income stream and the damn thing will have YOUR name on the top of it ... just like the stadium.

Work as Usual. After accounts are set up and money is in place, It's only 10 weeks till the end of the year. I want my vacation pay and retirement that I have worked for all year. They owe it to me. Probably go in and do something crazy, so they would fire me and collect unemployment for 26 weeks.

15. Member
    Collect up a couple of pics and I'm out, do them just like they do you, but with a smile.
    I like my boss, I'll offer him a job working for me @4 times his current salary :)'

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Not saying you don't have good math skills ... but $1.6 billion will buy you a nice hospital, doctors, diagnostic equipment, etc.
    Best of all, you'll have a new income stream and the damn thing will have YOUR name on the top of it ... just like the stadium.
    I was thinking the same thing!

17. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    The non-profit I work for would have a new benefactor which allows it to be financially set for life; to continue the good work it's done thus far.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    The non-profit I work for would have a new benefactor which allows it to be financially set for life; to continue the good work it's done thus far.
    Similar...I’d at least set up an endowment for my department.

19. Joe4d
    id put in 2 weeks notice, and ask to come back part time. Have to sail a certain number of days a year to keep my license.

I would just tell myself, I won't be working as much in the future. Really I like my little business and would continue to work, just might hire a couple of people to help do the book work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast