Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    My bad, i forgot Alabama is the only dynasty.
    Nobody mentioned Alabama but you! All I was wondering is if Ohio St was ever considered a Dynasty??

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Nope....a dynasty is winning multiple championships in a short period of time. Golden State is almost there in the NBA. What happens in regular season does not make a dynasty.
    It wouldn't matter what the record for any of them are. Negative people will always find fault and look for it. Haters gonna hate, can't change the world.

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    It wouldn't matter what the record for any of them are. Negative people will always find fault and look for it. Haters gonna hate, can't change the world.
    and you want to prove that by being the negative person?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    Nobody mentioned Alabama but you! All I was wondering is if Ohio St was ever considered a Dynasty??
    Credit where credit is due. Alabama is as close to the word as anyone. Ohio State has also made some credible gains as has many other schools, but it ain't gonna change the way some haters hate. You can find in the record books any Div 1 school you want and see the down years. There are a few schools who have close to your Alabama titles, they just don't claim them all like some school may. Your school has had their share of fame and also misfortune and none of them are as clean as your dream world allows you to think so. Alabama is number one, no one disputes that ranking by the committee's and sports writers. I have seen Alabama win some very big games over 50 years but i have seen them get their asses handed to them also, some even in the last ten years. Enjoy it while you can, they will win some more but they will also lose some more, those are irrefutable facts.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    and you want to prove that by being the negative person?
    How is that negative, I love College football and have my team, but i don't make false claims about them or claim they were the greatest ever, history shows the Huskers were very powerfull and some day they will rise again. I give the credit to your team they deserve but you can't see that so have at it. My opinion is meaningless to you as yours is to me, however you certainly deserve to have one!! Even if it is wrong.

6. Member
    When all of the crap about the wife beating was heating up. Didn't Urb throw the AD under the bus. I think I remember he did.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    When all of the crap about the wife beating was heating up. Didn't Urb throw the AD under the bus. I think I remember he did.
    If that's how you see it, it must be true. Roll Tide!

8. Member
    Lots of stress from covering up so many scandals during his career

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post

10. Member
    If I remember right The AD said he hadn't heard anything about this. And Urb said he had told him. But my memory aint what it used to be. But Myer did tell a few stories in that deal.

11. Banned
    Oh no friction... Dan

My bad, i forgot Alabama is the only dynasty.
    You have to win more than one to be a dynasty

13. Member
    Maybe Ohio State identifies as a dynasty? Don't judge.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

14. Member
    It is very true that schools with winning records have up and down cycles. Right now Alabama is having a rather extended up cycle. I have my feet planted on the ground enough to know it will not last just like so many teams over the years.

We Bama fans are just riding the wave and enjoying it just as any fan does when their team is on top.

I can remember when other teams ( in no particular order ) were beating us only to have their down cycle too. Some of those teams were: Notre Dame, USC, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas, Penn State, Michigan, LSU, Tennessee (8 in a row) Auburn (6 in a row) Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, and yes even a regional Louisiana team, Utah, South Carolina, Clemson and I am sure a number of others I did not intentionally leave out.

The point is that other fans would and should enjoy their teams success without the constant naysayers accusing them of cheating, buying off officials, receiving preferential treatment etc.

Give it a rest and cheer for your team and hire the best coaching staff you can get along with good recruiting and your time should come.

Meanwhile I am going to keep enjoying the Bama success until it is over then take my own advice for trying to get back on top.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    It is very true that schools with winning records have up and down cycles. Right now Alabama is having a rather extended up cycle. I have my feet planted on the ground enough to know it will not last just like so many teams over the years.

We Bama fans are just riding the wave and enjoying it just as any fan does when their team is on top.

I can remember when other teams ( in no particular order ) were beating us only to have their down cycle too. Some of those teams were: Notre Dame, USC, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas, Penn State, Michigan, LSU, Tennessee (8 in a row) Auburn (6 in a row) Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, and yes even a regional Louisiana team, Utah, South Carolina, Clemson and I am sure a number of others I did not intentionally leave out.

The point is that other fans would and should enjoy their teams success without the constant naysayers accusing them of cheating, buying off officials, receiving preferential treatment etc.

Give it a rest and cheer for your team and hire the best coaching staff you can get along with good recruiting and your time should come.

Meanwhile I am going to keep enjoying the Bama success until it is over then take my own advice for trying to get back on top.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

16. Member
    I remember those years in the late 80s and 90s where the national championship was pretty much determined by who won the State of Florida. Those Miami Florida State and Florida Florida State games were some of the best.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I remember those years in the late 80s and 90s where the national championship was pretty much determined by who won the State of Florida. Those Miami Florida State and Florida Florida State games were some of the best.
    Yes they were, but this heartbreaker comes to mind for me. Had we not went for it we would have shared the title i think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12