Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Anywhere on the floor, love a my walleye boat.

2. Member
    I usually take 5 rods and my only bps bag...holds 6 3700s

I only let my co bring 1 3700 and one rod, plus oil, and gas money...Jk lol

I ask my cos to keep it 6 rods or less and an average sized tackle bag
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

At one point and time, I was that guy who brought everything, whether I was a boater or not. What did it for me several years ago was a day I joined a friend on the water in the spring time. I had one rod with me, a jig tied on, and some trailers in my pocket. This just kinda happened by accident and he called me to meet him at the landing quick. We tore em up that day! So I got to thinking, let’s weigh what’s in my boat...well over 100lbs of tackle! So I began culling. I’ve gone through several 3700 size bags in the last few years and have settled on a 3600 size Cabelas bag. It’s got a hard bottom, is water proof, and fits 5 3601 (thin size) Plano boxes and the small Plano KVD worm binder. I can fit most deep diving cranks in those thin boxes and about a dozen bags of soft plastics. I have a small spinnerbait box in the one side pouch, that holds 6 spinnerbaits. I have a small first aid kit with a small container of sun screen and bug spray, as well as a small waterproof container for a wallet/phone, in the other pouch. I keep a thin face mask and some tools in the front pouch. It’s everything i need for a day tournament and more. It’s very dialed in come tournament day. I can still fit a packable rain suit and cull beam in it if need be, and that whole combination weighs less than 15lbs, still under 20lbs with rods. As a co, I bring no more than 4 rods. I do the same thing as a boater, I work out of the small bag, but I keep 6 rods in the boat. Now, prefishing, I bring a ton of stuff, but on game day, I’m dialed in. I feel way more organized and confident this way, and it has worked out quite well for me. My boat is a bit faster now too lol.

4. Member
    I clean out the compartment behind the co angler so he can put his stuff away. His rods stay next to him not on front deck. If he didn’t bring something he can use mine from baits to rods.

Quote Originally Posted by WrenchNBASS View Post
    At one point and time, I was that guy who brought everything, whether I was a boater or not. What did it for me several years ago was a day I joined a friend on the water in the spring time. I had one rod with me, a jig tied on, and some trailers in my pocket. This just kinda happened by accident and he called me to meet him at the landing quick. We tore em up that day! So I got to thinking, let’s weigh what’s in my boat...well over 100lbs of tackle! So I began culling. I’ve gone through several 3700 size bags in the last few years and have settled on a 3600 size Cabelas bag. It’s got a hard bottom, is water proof, and fits 5 3601 (thin size) Plano boxes and the small Plano KVD worm binder. I can fit most deep diving cranks in those thin boxes and about a dozen bags of soft plastics. I have a small spinnerbait box in the one side pouch, that holds 6 spinnerbaits. I have a small first aid kit with a small container of sun screen and bug spray, as well as a small waterproof container for a wallet/phone, in the other pouch. I keep a thin face mask and some tools in the front pouch. It’s everything i need for a day tournament and more. It’s very dialed in come tournament day. I can still fit a packable rain suit and cull beam in it if need be, and that whole combination weighs less than 15lbs, still under 20lbs with rods. As a co, I bring no more than 4 rods. I do the same thing as a boater, I work out of the small bag, but I keep 6 rods in the boat. Now, prefishing, I bring a ton of stuff, but on game day, I’m dialed in. I feel way more organized and confident this way, and it has worked out quite well for me. My boat is a bit faster now too lol.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    When I go as a coangler, I take a waterproof duffle and put it on the floor by my seat, under my legs. In it I have a few Plano boxes and zip locks for soft plastics, and extra clothes or food or whatever else. Keeps it simple with one bag. I always take too many rods

7. Member
    You should see the monster bag the guy going to Guntersville with me this weekend carries. I know some would have a dying duck fit.

He’s a good dude, just not that experienced. I’ll strap it to the rear seat post. He will also bring a cooler, and I’ll have my cooler in there. It looks like a damn family moved in when all the rods and net are on deck.

Hopefully we we catch some fish. I know we will have a laugh or two.

I've been tweaking my setup, and have whittled it down to one Bass Mafia Boss bag that holds bladed/single hook baits in clear heavy mil bags - half of it has baits, the other half holds trailers and soft plastics in their original bags. Then I have a 3600 with terminal tackle and accessories, then a 3600 deep for hard/treble baits/frogs and the like. the Boss bag is the same length and width as a 3600 essentially so it works out to a nice compact package. All fits in any rear boat compartment with ease. Then I just have a small bag with things like suntan lotion, first aid stuff, culling gear, etc. That plus something for lunch/bottle water for the cooler, and I'm set. Oh and rods lol. Rods just depend on what the boater is doing, but typically 4, maybe 5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12