Difference between TXW and TX?

Like the title says what the difference between the TXW and the TX? I've found a 2005 175TX up here in Michigan that I'm some what interested in. From the pictures they appear to look pretty close to the same besides the lay out. The listing doesn't show the open storage compartments, does the '05 175TX have a rod locker? Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    Girth.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Girth.
    How much wider is the TXW?

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    How much wider is the TXW?
    A 05 TX is 17’-3” length, 83” beam ( widest point at transom), bottom width of 54”.
    A TXW is 17’-7”, 89”, 60” in my opinion it makes a good bit of difference. My 06 TX is a great size for fishing alone, or one more in back. But no way on three. The TXW handles three with ease.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    A 05 TX is 17’-3” length, 83” beam ( widest point at transom), bottom width of 54”.
    A TXW is 17’-7”, 89”, 60” in my opinion it makes a good bit of difference. My 06 TX is a great size for fishing alone, or one more in back. But no way on three. The TXW handles three with ease.
    Your 06 has a center rod locker correct? Do you know if the 05 has a rod locker? I know it doesn't have a center rod locker. Judging by the pictures of the one I'm looking at it looks like there could be a port rod locker....

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Your 06 has a center rod locker correct? Do you know if the 05 has a rod locker? I know it doesn't have a center rod locker. Judging by the pictures of the one I'm looking at it looks like there could be a port rod locker....
    Yes port rod locker. I actually prefer the 05 model more than my 06.

You can extend the deck back to the console. And add lots more storage. In the form of locker or open underneath. Accessed from the front, for large tackle bags are such.
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 10-24-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.