2010 21 xd trailer

My back left tire on my trailer is showing
    wear on the outside edge. This is the only
    tire that has wear like this. Has anyone
    else experienced this. Was wanting to know
    what is causing this. Thanks

2. Member
    First off, trailer maintenance is often over looked but is just as important as everything else. Its important to maintain properly inflated tires, check for oil leaks, change the hub oil and check bearing play often. Most of my experience was with my Ranger trailer as I have not had to do much with my boatmate trailer. Could be a bearing. Maybe the axle or spindle is slightly out of square. Check the shackles and springs for unusual wear. To check the bearings, jack your trailer up and try to move the wheel in/out/side to side to check for bearing play. Spin the wheel and listen for any noise. Look for any oil (assuming they are oil hubs and this is a boatmate trailer) leaking from the back seal. Take the wheel off and again check for hub movement in and out. Should be a plug on the hub. Take it out and drain the oil. Its thick so may take a while to drain. Look and see if there is water in the hub. Oil is lighter then water and will float after it sits for a while or will look milky. Water is a sign on of bad seal. If everything checks good, fill the hub up with lucas hub oil. Rotate your tires and make sure they have 50 psi of pressure at all times. Most manufactures don't but you might want to have them spin balanced also. If you have carlisle tires, replace them. If you have any issues with the bearings etc, all parts can be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane s View Post
    My back left tire on my trailer is showing
    wear on the outside edge. This is the only
    tire that has wear like this. Has anyone
    else experienced this. Was wanting to know
    what is causing this. Thanks
    If it’s just one tire and you’ve checked the bearing and springs...measure across the front and rear of tire to tire on the axle in question. See if it’s been tweaked any....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Could be also your truck back tires is off. Like one tire has 55psi the other 25psi