Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

NEW TRANSOM SAVER - Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

Here is a short video clip of the NEW Transom Saver for the Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke V8 200-300HP.

$239.99 plus $17.95 for shipping.

Call Scott Bird if your interested.
    480-232-0033
    jascot21@gmail.com

Couldn't find this on your web site. A bit pricey tho !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Couldn't find this on your web site. A bit pricey tho !!
    Sorry, it’s not on the website yet, my IT guy is working on it.
    You might think it’s pricey, but I promise you it’s far superior to anything on the market.

Any pics of this so we can see what makes it worth $240 ?
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Fishing stuff is getting out of control with prices!

7. Member
    Waaaayyyyy too expensive......but it does look like an awesome product. When its 50% off let us know

8. Member
    I hate to say it but I'm priced out of this one too. I like the looks of it but just isn't hitting my price point.

Wish it kept the steering locked like the motormate did for the optimax
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

10. mikesxpress
    You can modify your existing Motormate for 73 cents to do the same thing. And you still need the steering clips on the SeaStar rods.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=919149

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Fishing stuff is getting out of control with prices!
    And that's not even fishing stuff... that's just "boating stuff" money, without the boat even on the water!

They do look well made, and nice finishes.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Am I missing something besides looking fancy, the little rubber thingy's and most likely the powdercoat not peeling/flaking off after 3 uses.. how exactly does this differ from the $99.00 motormate. Not arguing the price but just what exacltly makes it $158.00 bucks better then a motormate? Maybe if explained we could better grasp and understand the price point.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Am I missing something besides looking fancy, the little rubber thingy's and most likely the powdercoat not peeling/flaking off after 3 uses.. how exactly does this differ from the $99.00 motormate. Not arguing the price but just what exacltly makes it $158.00 bucks better then a motormate? Maybe if explained we could better grasp and understand the price point.
    K and K
    They are 2 completely different engineered designs. The. DD26 Mean Mount is 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, its much lighter yet more durable. The billet pieces are extremely detailed adding to your $70k boat rather that a few tubes that a guy welded together in his garage and slapped some paint on them. The bump stops are not cheap, they are bad a** shock absorbers. These 2 transom savers are not even close when you compare them side by side.
    Now add our lifetime warranty
    Two different completely different materials, and two different processes. Ours are 100% made in the USA. As far as I know, the tools that cut and bend steel are fairly cheap, simple and rather archaic. The tools for billet aluminum are huge computerized machines that don't miss a detail. These machines run from $20k to $500k per machine.

I hope this information helps understand why there is a difference in price in DD26 Mean Mounts vs. other products.

Best Regards
    Scott

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bird View Post
    K and K
    They are 2 completely different engineered designs. The. DD26 Mean Mount is 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, its much lighter yet more durable. The billet pieces are extremely detailed adding to your $70k boat rather that a few tubes that a guy welded together in his garage and slapped some paint on them. The bump stops are not cheap, they are bad a** shock absorbers. These 2 transom savers are not even close when you compare them side by side.
    Two different completely different materials, and two different processes. Ours are 100% made in the USA. As far as I know, the tools that cut and bend steel are fairly cheap, simple and rather archaic. The tools for billet aluminum are huge computerized machines that don't miss a detail. These machines run from $20k to $500k per machine.

I hope this information helps understand why there is a difference in price in DD26 Mean Mounts vs. other products.

Best Regards
    Scott
    I don't question the quality of the product or design aesthetics, I like it, a lot. But I have to agree with the others in that it's hard to see the value is spending that kinda money for something like this.

Kinda feels like you've built a $200 titanium hammer. Sure it looks cool and is super tough, but my $10 hammer works just as well to drive nails.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I don't question the quality of the product or design aesthetics, I like it, a lot. But I have to agree with the others in that it's hard to see the value is spending that kinda money for something like this.

Kinda feels like you've built a $200 titanium hammer. Sure it looks cool and is super tough, but my $10 hammer works just as well to drive nails.
    Whistler
    I understand where your coming from. Maybe this product isn't for you, and thats OK.
    Its kinda like this, some people drive a Geo Metro, others drive a Ferrari. They both get you from point A to B.

DD26 Mean Mount is a superior product, some anglers see the value and some don't. Thats why theres a variety of options with various price points.
    Best Regards
    Scott

16. Member
    You got one that would fit the Mercury 2.5 260 & 280 hp motors that have the single ram clamp?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoad View Post
    You got one that would fit the Mercury 2.5 260 & 280 hp motors that have the single ram clamp?
    Tomoad
    We currently do not have anything.
    Scott

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Tomoad
    We currently do not have anything.
    Scott
    PM sent

K and K

Best Regards
    Scott
    That's the way to sell it, belittle a proven product and how it's made. Then you insult some anglers. "Some see the value and some don't".

Whistler
    I understand where your coming from. Maybe this product isn't for you, and thats OK.
    Its kinda like this, some people drive a Geo Metro, others drive a Ferrari. They both get you from point A to B.

DD26 Mean Mount is a superior product, some anglers see the value and some don't. Thats why theres a variety of options with various price points.
    Best Regards
    Scott
    I do drive the Ferrari of boats, but I can’t see me paying that much for a transom saver then almost another 20 to ship it. Granted, it looks cool, but I doubt it out performs my $99 motormate. I think somebody needs to rethink the price.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast