Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My feedback as a potential future customer: Too expensive. I'd use an old school transom saver before I spent $240. It looks really nice though, great design. Definitely a product I would want... just not buy. Shave a $100 off the price and it would still be expensive but I might be temped to purchase anyway.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    Waaaayyyyy too expensive......but it does look like an awesome product. When its 50% off let us know
    http://www.m-ywedge.com/products.html

3. Member
    A
    Last edited by DaveD2626; 11-29-2018 at 11:26 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveD2626 View Post
    It's not just a piece of aluminum. Matter of fact it's not like anything that's been on the market prior from quality stance. It's aircraft grade 6061 aluminum with automotive grade bump stops that actually absorb road shock unlike any saver in the past. So in addition to stabilizing the engine, it actually absorbs impact as well with bump stops that are regularly used to keep gas tanks off truck frames in the automotive world. They AINT cheap, but they are the best possible protection available for this type of saver. The upper arm is made of Billet with great attention to deal. They are welded with precision and engineered to outlast your boat. I get that folks might associate these with the products of the past, but I think it was summed up best when we launched at the WON Bass US OPEN. Mouths opened and chins dropped as guys picked these up and checked them out. Simply put they are the furthest thing from junk out there. These are NOT skinny little pieces of tubes welded together in a garage by some guy in his underwear. If that's what you think these are you're wrong. I haven't ever, EVER skimped on quality in any of the companies I've owned including Rigid Industries and Crossed Industries. I'm certainly not going to start now. So your opinion, while never even touching or seeing these in person, is noted as an armchair quarterback worthy of a late round draft pick, you might want to see things before you open your mouth. We take protecting a $20K motor and a $60K - $80K transom/boat darn serious and you should too if you own one...... I don't blame most people for not having a clue of how these are made or what it takes/costs to make them while building a distribution channel and company that will support the customer base at a high level. It's certainly not easy and we'll do the best we can to support those who want our support and products.
    I dont believe anyone said your product was "junk", and how do you know there "in there underwear"do you secretly watch? Are they overpriced, IMO sure are. However I was gonna order one till I read your post and Scott's post based on your attitudes alone I would never deal with your company, nor do I think others reading this will either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD2626 View Post
    It's not just a piece of aluminum. Matter of fact it's not like anything that's been on the market prior from quality stance. It's aircraft grade 6061 aluminum with automotive grade bump stops that actually absorb road shock unlike any saver in the past. So in addition to stabilizing the engine, it actually absorbs impact as well with bump stops that are regularly used to keep gas tanks off truck frames in the automotive world. They AINT cheap, but they are the best possible protection available for this type of saver. The upper arm is made of Billet with great attention to deal. They are welded with precision and engineered to outlast your boat. I get that folks might associate these with the products of the past, but I think it was summed up best when we launched at the WON Bass US OPEN. Mouths opened and chins dropped as guys picked these up and checked them out. Simply put they are the furthest thing from junk out there. These are NOT skinny little pieces of tubes welded together in a garage by some guy in his underwear. If that's what you think these are you're wrong. I haven't ever, EVER skimped on quality in any of the companies I've owned including Rigid Industries and Crossed Industries. I'm certainly not going to start now. So your opinion, while never even touching or seeing these in person, is noted as an armchair quarterback worthy of a late round draft pick, you might want to see things before you open your mouth. We take protecting a $20K motor and a $60K - $80K transom/boat darn serious and you should too if you own one...... I don't blame most people for not having a clue of how these are made or what it takes/costs to make them while building a distribution channel and company that will support the customer base at a high level. It's certainly not easy and we'll do the best we can to support those who want our support and products.
    First off, no one said junk. I actually think they look cool and are made very well. Yes I too, think they are pricey. But like said by another member, you two come on here and slam a proven product and it’s maker, then you slander the members on here....... not a way to sell a product. That’s real classy. Because of this, I too will never purchase one.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    come on people! I bet the quality and expense are justified. if you dont like the price then dont buy, but stop bashing a American Businessman or woman for working hard and providing a product. it looks awesome and would be glad to have one on my boat if it fit. If it was out of my price range then i will keep my mouth shut.

7. mikesxpress

8. Member
    Dont think anyones bashing just giving their opinion based on price, usually thats great information for any new potential business. Anyway, definitely a bad ass looking transom saver, good luck with em.

Quote Originally Posted by SP200 View Post
    come on people! I bet the quality and expense are justified. if you dont like the price then dont buy, but stop bashing a American Businessman or woman for working hard and providing a product. it looks awesome and would be glad to have one on my boat if it fit. If it was out of my price range then i will keep my mouth shut.
    I think you better go back and read Scott and Dave’s comments.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP200 View Post
    Hes right maybe you need go back thru this thread. The only bashing I seen was Scott and Dave bashing other BBC members trying to offer valuable feedback on their "new" product. It was them bashing other american businessman or woman for working hard and providing a well known, pro angler endorsed quality and proven product at a "reasonable" price. Way to go guys hell of a salespitch... And Btw I would have no issue affording it but no thanks.

11. Member
    Lipper and Bullet, my apologies if you felt I bashed you. I've read my portion several times and there's a bunch of good details and probably a comment or two I would have been better off leaving out for sure. I didn't say any other company did it in their garage, I said we don't. Not bashing a woodshed or garage item. Just saying the cost of the two, while they may be the exact same item, are significantly different based on the market models, production numbers and sales channels. My point was that it's frustrating when you do things repetitively to try to help a market and sport you enjoy and there's a portion of the audience who indirectly bashes or implicates your company of doing something wrong or injust when it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not saying that's you. After time comments from multiple sources good and bad, build up and the next man up takes the hit. Simply telling you that so you understand where I'm coming from. Does not mean in any way I think I'm right. Thanks for the feedback and my apologies if you feel I wronged you. Our goal is to protect a $20K motor and a $60K boat/hull. The ability to absorb road shock within the saver itself takes a load off the transom. That's a huge deal and something that ours does very well. So while we'd love to make a cheaper unit, the cost to make the saver itself, the cost to have a company infrastructure/insurance/facility etc to support the customers, dealers and business partners, employees correctly and the cost to continue to be able to innovate lands us here. Thanks for the dialog and certainly hope there are no poor feelings. Thanks

12. mikesxpress
    Can't put that Jeannie back in the bottle.

Do you have independent 3rd party testing that shows your "saver" reduces road shock (how much?) and takes a load off the transom (how much?). If your backing up your claims and diminishing the effectiveness of existing motor toters/engine supports/transom savers then you would have the same data for Motormate and the conventional stick that goes from the trailer roller to the lower unit. Looking forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    First off, no one said junk. I actually think they look cool and are made very well. Yes I too, think they are pricey. But like said by another member, you two come on here and slam a proven product and it’s maker, then you slander the members on here....... not a way to sell a product. That’s real classy. Because of this, I too will never purchase one.
    Same here. I could easily afford one if i really wanted it and im all for products like this but motormate has taken good care of people on here. The attitudes by the other is a joke. Ill keep my garage made motormate thanks.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_lipper4 View Post
    I dont believe anyone said your product was "junk", and how do you know there "in there underwear"do you secretly watch? Are they overpriced, IMO sure are. However I was gonna order one till I read your post and Scott's post based on your attitudes alone I would never deal with your company, nor do I think others reading this will either.
    I looked thru both their profiles and searched posted threads and realized in a month they have only posted a few times and most were bashing the cheap nay-sayers and other similar products not a good start on the BBC . They have done the same thing on another popular forum hardly no posts and most over explaining the cost justification. I would never buy one because of the price for sure but to take a product like the motormate simply copy it's use and design then charge 2 and a half times the price then bash loyal followers and call motormate "Junk welded in a garage by some guy in his underwear" I think they have alot to learn ..I'll keep my motormate and will sit back and see how well Scott and Dave fare on the BBC ,But so far it looks like they both just signed up to push their products Zero posts about anything else.

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

*Note - as of today, November 30th, DD26 Fishing are no longer a BBC Sponsor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12