Ulterra stow problem. Motor stays vertical.

I went to stow my ulterra today and it came up but the motor stayed vertical. So it didn't exactly stow properly. I did the power button 3 times procedure. It did the same thing. Came straight up but wouldn't turn itself horizontally to stow completely.

Any ideas?

2. Member
    Must be something causing it to bind. Look for missing screws in the side plate.

3. Member
    When you say "Came straight up but wouldn't turn itself horizontally to stow completely." , do you mean the motor will not turn to "park", then lay down or does the motor turn to the park position, but will not lay down. In either case, it should probably go to an ASC so checks can be made on the actuator motor.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    I had the same issue. You must have accidentally moved the head when it was deploy. When you press stow take note on which way the head park. Re-deploy it turn off the power to the trolling motor and manually turn the head left of right depending of how it was stowing. Plug it back in and try to stow. Repeat process until it stow back in the right position.