Thread: 361 v Ranger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

361 v Ranger

I have ran across a one owner 1990 361 v with a 1990 GT 150 hp. Boat belonged to fisherman who was killed when he was thrown out of the boat a couple of years ago. The boat has been garage kept since new..His daughter is ready to turn it loose now. From what I have seen the steering cables have froze up, trolling motor will not run (not a battery issue) outboard motor runs rough. Gel coat is in great shape along with the carpet, and seats. Trailer is rust free and in really good shape. What are your thoughts about this model ranger. What do you feel would be a reasonable offer? I am leaning in the 5k range.

$5K sounds reasonable to me.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Iconic Ranger!

4. Member
    Best one they ever made

5. Member
    I have a89 gt150 I bought new, you cannot kill the thing. Still runs like a scalded cat.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    buy it! best ranger model they made
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    I look at this kind from the superstitious perspective. Personally I would not buy something, car,house, boat etc that someone died tragically in. I may in this case perhaps buy the boat, fix it and flip it. I owned a 363V for 19 years and these boats handle great but the storage for tackle and rods is not designed for 7ft plus rods and storage is minimal .

8. Member
    Owned one for 6 years. Great boat.

9. Member
    i would do some more checking before making a offer,i would do a compression test and leak down on that motor or just make a offer on it that the motor is going to be bad,i also would not buy it without the factory deck extension

10. Member
    My favorite model of all. Price would be good if cables and tm wasn't frozen. Have motor checked out , I suspect it took in some water and could have internal daamage.

11. Member
    That's a good deal! The items you mentioned are really minor. You could buy that boat, fix it up, run it for four years and then easily sell it for $7,500.00 plus. Try doing that with a new rig!
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

Even if the steering cables weren't frozen, would you run a boat with 28 year old steering cables? The TM doesn't work? If it's the same vintage as the boat it's probably a 54 lb thrust, so you'd be changing that any way. I had a 361 with a 175 intruder and it was an awesome boat. 5K sounds like a smoking deal on a clean 361 hull and trailer.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

13. Member
    Sold my 1990 361V with a Yamaha ProV 150 for 6K back in 2014 with old electronics on it and an older 65lb Maxuum TM. I did have new carpet installed and the gel coat redone so it looked new again. GREAT boat! I would not worry about the previous owner that was ejected, tragic yes but I doubt the boat is cursed.

14. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    4500 is where I would start considering your looking at new TM and steering cables and batteries and maybe tires on the trailer but still a find if you say it is as good as it looks
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

15. Member
    I sold me 89' 360v with a 150 merc in great shape for 8k to the first person that looked at it about 4 years ago. They are great boats, you won't regret it and I think 5k is a pretty good deal.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy 4016 View Post
    I have ran across a one owner 1990 361 v with a 1990 GT 150 hp. Boat belonged to fisherman who was killed when he was thrown out of the boat a couple of years ago. The boat has been garage kept since new..His daughter is ready to turn it loose now. From what I have seen the steering cables have froze up, trolling motor will not run (not a battery issue) outboard motor runs rough. Gel coat is in great shape along with the carpet, and seats. Trailer is rust free and in really good shape. What are your thoughts about this model ranger. What do you feel would be a reasonable offer? I am leaning in the 5k range.
    #1. Welcome to the forums!!!

#2. Can you show us some pics?

17. Banned
    Had one and had an 05. Loved the 90 model.

18. Bob G's pool boy
    That boat with everything working is $5K.

If the rest is truly in great shape, start at $5K and deduct what it will take to get it up to speed. Likely around $2000 to replace cables, trolling motor, and service the motor.

If you go used on the TM, you can save a few bucks. Lots of used non-Ultrexes out there. You might find that the motor service is just a tuneup and relatively cheap.

Go through it thoroughly. Good that it was garage kept, but mice love garages too.

Shot in the dark, I'm thinking $3000 for the offer.

It's a great boat but it is a great 29 year old boat.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

19. Member
    Anyone have a clue to where a deck extension can be purchased for a 1990 361 v ranger6

20. Member

In search of

I am in search of a deck extension for a 1990 361 V ranger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast