Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here is 103 laying on my side......

Of the 5 passes I made over 101 and the 2 over 103 all were into the sun. I will need to remember that next time......

As a result the speedo on both of my graphs is tough to read. I have speed overlay capability on the way, but not for this video. At second 55 the boat breaks 100. I made this pass from idle to see how fast it will hit triple digits.

As been the norm for this year wind is an issue. It was blowing right to left in all of my passes today. I'm keeping the nose down so the boat is running flat and on its left side. Occasionally it will level off and take a good set and I can feel it pull. This shows up on the data logger as well. It's pretty cool to see the lateral acceleration jump and the speed leap up with it. After the 1 minute mark you can see the wind take the nose occasionally. Still I was impressed with how solid it felt.

Soon I will be data logging and embedding in videos pitch, roll, and speed. That should for some cool information.

Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

2. Member
    Congrats, great running. I like the way you move your weight around, saves from having to add more ballast.

3. Member
    The hallmark of a good driver is how it looks effortless when they are driving at top speeds. You do that well Geoff. Good video too.

4. Member
    Awesome!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

5. Member
    Great job

Nice vid !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

That’s gettin it! Have you ever tried it with windshield to see the difference?
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

Wow. That's awesome, you make it look easy.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Wow. That's awesome, you make it look easy.
    Yes he does, Geoff can drive!
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Congrats Geoff. Can't wait till the wind actually gets right for a full run!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

11. Member
    Is this still with the fishing load? Either way that is cruising. Be careful out there, wind and top speeds deserve respect.

12. Member
    That's a Moving.

Thanks. The boat is dialed in right now.

I still have my gear in the boat. I did pull out about 40lbs of tackle and spare fishing gear now that the season is over. In addition I usually do my high speed runs with 2-3 props in the boat because I’m out testing and change on the water. Water is too cold now so I just have one spare with.

Approximately 370lbs of gear in the boat for this run. Troller, Power poles, 140lbs of batteries, tools, spare prop, 12 poles, tackle, and such. Gas and oil not included.

I plan to pull all of that at some point and try.

Windshield at 100 makes no difference. Not sure what speed it will, but at 99/100 it didn’t. I have tried it many times. I have the full version not the cut version. I don’t like driving behind the windshield so I pull it. Plus I don’t like the looks of it on the boat. I have thought of tinting it to help with the look but I haven’t. It took a few passes to get familiar driving with the helmet. I have found I use my head to gauge and feel the wind and how it is hitting the boat.

I think the boat has a little more left ( loaded as it is) when I can get a day to run it flat. I was going to pull the troller and all the gear that day, but the 28 Promax I was going to test didn’t show so I didn’t want to pull everything and have to put it all in again. Plus the fish are biting so I can’t pass on that.

After I run the Promax flare test and get another shot at my comparing my 32 and 34 big end wheels I will take everything off including the poles and see what it will do. Honestly, every time I try this the boat has gone much faster loaded. It just won’t take a stable set unloaded.

Running out out of time. We will be frozen soon.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Thanks. The boat is dialed in right now.

I still have my gear in the boat. I did pull out about 40lbs of tackle and spare fishing gear now that the season is over. In addition I usually do my high speed runs with 2-3 props in the boat because I’m out testing and change on the water. Water is too cold now so I just have one spare with.

Approximately 370lbs of gear in the boat for this run. Troller, Power poles, 140lbs of batteries, tools, spare prop, 12 poles, tackle, and such. Gas and oil not included.

I plan to pull all of that at some point and try.

Windshield at 100 makes no difference. Not sure what speed it will, but at 99/100 it didn’t. I have tried it many times. I have the full version not the cut version. I don’t like driving behind the windshield so I pull it. Plus I don’t like the looks of it on the boat. I have thought of tinting it to help with the look but I haven’t. It took a few passes to get familiar driving with the helmet. I have found I use my head to gauge and feel the wind and how it is hitting the boat.

I think the boat has a little more left ( loaded as it is) when I can get a day to run it flat. I was going to pull the troller and all the gear that day, but the 28 Promax I was going to test didn’t show so I didn’t want to pull everything and have to put it all in again. Plus the fish are biting so I can’t pass on that.

After I run the Promax flare test and get another shot at my comparing my 32 and 34 big end wheels I will take everything off including the poles and see what it will do. Honestly, every time I try this the boat has gone much faster loaded. It just won’t take a stable set unloaded.

Running out out of time. We will be frozen soon.
    It's not frozen down here in TX lol. We have lots of water and the fishing is starting to crank up as well! But you know that lol.
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Plus I'm sure you are ready to wave at me as you run by!
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

I’m sure if I came down with the boat you would be in it waving at me while running 104. Then pull up to me and tell me to trim it more. You aren’t allowed in my boat any longer. It takes too much time and money to beat your runs. If I keep it up here I don’t have to worry about it. LOL
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

17. Member
    i was about to post your going to need a chainsaw and an ice auger pretty soon. Man that is honkin.

No time like winter time to make that trip to Amistad you wanted...
    It's never had any ice..

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I’m sure if I came down with the boat you would be in it waving at me while running 104. Then pull up to me and tell me to trim it more. You aren’t allowed in my boat any longer. It takes too much time and money to beat your runs. If I keep it up here I don’t have to worry about it. LOL
    See ya in a couple weeks! lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

20. Moderator
    Looking good Geoff!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast