Question Favorite co/nm lakes

Hey guys what are your guys favorite lake to fish in co/nm trying to get an idea on weights and 5 fish limits.
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

2. Member
    I used to fish Ute, Santa Rosa, Conchas and Ft. Sumner often. In the past 5-6 years, I've only been able to fish Ute once per summer and we usually catch at least 5 fish each. I would say an average 2-3 pounder with an occasional larger fish thrown in for good measure.

Conchas had larger fish, but after the low water issues they went through a few years back, I'm not sure how the fishing is there now. Loved fishing Conchas though, it had great structure all over the place.

3. Member
    Navajo, mcphee, abiquiu, conchas and sometimes ute.

4. Member
    Not in Colorado but still 3 hours from Denver. Lake Mac. Look at Western Nebraska team series results. 17-19# of Smalley's to win.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

I consider Elephant Butte my home lake, I guess you could say. We will catch limits there, we just don't have the largest!! Have won big bass a few times there though. Ive had excellent days at Santa Rosa and at Conchas. I love to fish Ute, but man that lake has my number, I stink that place up when I go there! One lake here a lot of folks don't fish for bass is Cochiti, man I have done really well up there. Caught some big smallies, took a 5.18 largemouth out of there once also. Its an idle only lake, I think that's one reason it does not get pressured b bass fisherman, lot of bank fishing happens there.

6. Member
    I'm with BW don't sleep on lake Mac in Neb, great fishery and the smallies are getting bigger every year. the turnys held there are shoot outs, and there is some big Largies in there also