Help Connecting Etec to NMEA Network

I just placed an order on a new outboard jet boat...going with the Etec 150/105 factory jet. Looking for some guidance on exactly what is needed to connect the motor to a Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV. I'm pretty sure I need a NMEA starter kit and the Evinrude engine interface cable. Not sure if I need anything else.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    That should be it. should be all set

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    That should be it. should be all set
    Perfect...Thanks

4. Member
    Anyone know how long the engine interface cable is? The cable looks quite long in the pictures online but I've not found a description with its length. Boat is 19'6"...wondering if it will reach the steering console, approximately mid boat.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    15 foot I believe, but could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    I just placed an order on a new outboard jet boat...going with the Etec 150/105 factory jet. Looking for some guidance on exactly what is needed to connect the motor to a Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV. I'm pretty sure I need a NMEA starter kit and the Evinrude engine interface cable. Not sure if I need anything else.
    Can you post a link to what you need. I "think" this is also what I need for my I Command gauge. I bought one several months ago and I have never got around to hooking it up. All I have is the Evinrude smart gauge that fits into the dash. I am going to put it in the hole where my speedometer is located...I just don't know what stuff I need to get it hardwired. I am not aiming to hijack this post I just wanted to see a link to the hardware you mentioned.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Can you post a link to what you need. I "think" this is also what I need for my I Command gauge. I bought one several months ago and I have never got around to hooking it up. All I have is the Evinrude smart gauge that fits into the dash. I am going to put it in the hole where my speedometer is located...I just don't know what stuff I need to get it hardwired. I am not aiming to hijack this post I just wanted to see a link to the hardware you mentioned.
    Not sure if I can post internet links here but if you google NMEA 2000 Starter Kit and Evinrude Engine Interface Cable you'll find several options.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post

If you already have an I-Command or ICON gauge all you need to do is add another Tee and a drop cable from the MFD to that Tee and you are good to go.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Not sure if I can post internet links here but if you google NMEA 2000 Starter Kit and Evinrude Engine Interface Cable you'll find several options.

P/N 0766026 is the interface cable-cheaper to buy from an Evinrude dealer and buy from a Navico dealer the starter kit-P/N 000-0124-69.

This may help you better understand the NMEA2000 networking:

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/ref.../NMEA2000.html
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    If you already have an I-Command or ICON gauge all you need to do is add another Tee and a drop cable from the MFD to that Tee and you are good to go.
    I have a 1999 boat and controls with a motor that was manufactured in 2013 but not bought and registered until 2014. (E150HSLAAB). I have acquired an I-COMMAND gauge. I bought it at a deep discount. I was told it was new but there is no box or paper work. It has two wire harness coming from the back. One has 4 wires that are blue,white,black,yellow. The other wire harness looks like a network cable. It has a red end on the cable and there is a T attached to it with red ends. I assume I need something that runs from my motor to my gauge but I really have zero idea what I need...I had the gauge for a few months and had planned on making it my winter project to get it hooked up. Problem is I have no idea what I need or what I need to do.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Justin at Rusell Marine has everything you guys need at very reasonable prices give RMP a call.