Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    So what's your final answer? Fire Garret or not?

I wonder if when MLF says Scott was invited, are they referring to a few years ago when they were asking people to do the initial events, or specifically are they talking aoutt the BPT? You'd have to think any angler wouldn't claim to have not been invited, you know the truth would come out one way or another. Can't see Scott or any angler lying about it, nor MLF for that matter. Possibly since he wasn't interested a few years ago, they didn't invite him this time around.

3. Member
    I agree that could be the logic they are using. It just seems weird to contradict publicly two of the worlds biggest anglers. Seems petty, especially if they mean anything but that they were invited first round for BPT

4. Member
    My guess is if there is a LTF tonight Thrift will address it... Well provided someone asks the question.

5. Member
    Thrift was invited years ago for MLF and declined. Gotta figure thats why he didnt get invited this time and what MLF means by saying they were invited.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos200xl View Post
    Thrift was invited years ago for MLF and declined. Gotta figure thats why he didnt get invited this time and what MLF means by saying they were invited.
    I could see that being true.. but I cant place either or ever say they actually were ever invited. I know thrift has said on his show before that he was happy fishing just FLW as it gave him for his family. And I remember SM saying he might consider fishing MLF in the future but for the time being could not do to time constraints creating his youtube videos. Never really said they were invited. Or at least that I saw.

Both seem to be pretty classy when it comes to that sort of thing. I would have thought that they would have said something to the extent that they appreciate the invite but they just cant at the current time. Nothing negative could really be taken from that unless you are just looking to find something negative. And yes some will lol

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I wonder if when MLF says Scott was invited, are they referring to a few years ago when they were asking people to do the initial events, or specifically are they talking aoutt the BPT? You'd have to think any angler wouldn't claim to have not been invited, you know the truth would come out one way or another. Can't see Scott or any angler lying about it, nor MLF for that matter. Possibly since he wasn't interested a few years ago, they didn't invite him this time around.
    And there it is...........exactly.

8. Member
    Yeah if that’s how they are defining them invited (years ago to a different format) that’s sketchy for sure. I mean, that obviously not what people mean when they ask if they were invited.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    Yeah if that’s how they are defining them invited (years ago to a different format) that’s sketchy for sure. I mean, that obviously not what people mean when they ask if they were invited.
    Yeah I agree if that’s what they’re referring to. Seems more like a soap opera than a tournament trail everyday. I think the seasoned vets made a good move going over, but the more the whole things shakes out the more and more I think the young guys screwed up.

10. Member
    BFD, WFC

11. Member
    Funny how people are writing off before it even starts.
    Semper Fi

12. Member
    Nah mlf just told me, they did invite both this year, neither accepted. At least that is what they are saying on record. Not screenshoting it, but I used my real name, same as here, and they answered on their page.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    So what's your final answer? Fire Garret or not?
    FIRE HIM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123