Surge Brakes Locking Up - HELP

OK guys i think i know the problem and will investigate it a bit more today.

So yesterday i brought the boat home from fishing and went to back it into the garage and they locked up. its an EZ loader trailer 09. what is strange is it was only the left side locking up so i pulled that wheel off so i could get it in after so many times trying. i found one of the blue wires on the flat 5 pin plug was almost completely broken at the plug. my question is why are there 2 colors for each at the lug ie; blue, white, green, etc? it looks to me like i can splice that broken blue wire to the other as they both go to the same pin? also looks like it could be the actual proportioning valve to the left side but nonetheless there must be no power to the actuator / solenoid in which i will confirm today. but if there is then im assuming its the actual actuator or solenoid correct?
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ Spiralite Custom Fishing Rods
    ~ MarineBassAnglers
    ~ Peregrine 250 Boat Products

The reason for two wires is to feed each side of the trailer separately, in the case of the blue wires it feeds the backup lights on each side as well as the solenoid for the brake lockout. You can connect the broken wire to the other good wire to make the repair. If only one of the brakes locked up you should inspect the one that didn't lock up as it should have.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

^^ what he said^^

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If only the left side locked up, you don’t have working brakes on the right side.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    The reason for two wires is to feed each side of the trailer separately, in the case of the blue wires it feeds the backup lights on each side as well as the solenoid for the brake lockout. You can connect the broken wire to the other good wire to make the repair. If only one of the brakes locked up you should inspect the one that didn't lock up as it should have.
    ^^^What he said he said.

6. Member
    I have a 1976 Chevy Deluxe that has around 52,000 original miles on it. Its just a old farm truck. I took it to the store the other day to put some gas in it. On my way back to the house the truck started shaken and it was like losing power. I turn into the next street and stop and get out and look around it though it might be a tire only haven less than 250 miles on them. Well I get back in the truck and it would only spin the tires. I knew what the problem was then it was a a locked front caliper. I went to take the tire off and the lug wrench was too small I gave my son the 4way so I couldnt remove the wheel. So i crawl under the truck with only a pair of pliers ( thats all I had with me) final got the main brake hose loss and it relived the pressure on the caliper. Now I drive back home maybe 5 to7 miles only using the emergency and you talking having a fun time. I just went and bought 2 new calipers. rotors , brake pads, brake fluid , brake cleaner and all new hardware so I will be replacing all this some time this week. Not to bad for a truck that over 40 years old and with only 52,000 miles on it. One more thing it only gets between 7 - 9 miles per gallon and thats not with the bed being empty and not pulling any thing.

7. Member
    Your issue is probably a bad flexible brake hose between the caliper and the truck. Sidenote: Chevrolet pickup trucks went to disc brakes in 1971.

8. Member
    Only disc breaks are on the front.