Thread: Cumberland

Question Cumberland

I haven't been down there in a month but headed down this weekend. I would never expect information on specific spots. I'm on the lower end by Grider Hill. Has anybody been fishing on lower end or is the upper end turning on better from the cooler weather? Just wondering if any activity towards the heads of creeks any place.

Thanks

10/16 I fish Ramsey, Earl Wallace and Difficulty area. 10/18 and 10/21 I went to a large creek on the lower end. There is not a lot of difference in the bite from the mid lake stuff compared to the the lower end stuff in my opinion. I did have a lot better day 10/16 but that was totally due to the current weather conditions that particular day. I caught fish all three days but on days when the sun was out the size got very small. I ran to the extreme head of a creek on the lower end and it got ultra clear and dropped to 60*. Craziest thing I ever saw. 95% back the water is 70* with light color, then in a 1/4 mile stretch it gets ultra clear and drops 10* If I were going back I would stay main lake to mid creek.

3. Member
    What is the lake level?

4. Member

5. Member
    So it's 11ft below summer pool?

6. Member

7. Member
    I'm heading down this weekend as well. I hope it's better than it was a few weeks ago.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    10/16 I fish Ramsey, Earl Wallace and Difficulty area. 10/18 and 10/21 I went to a large creek on the lower end. There is not a lot of difference in the bite from the mid lake stuff compared to the the lower end stuff in my opinion. I did have a lot better day 10/16 but that was totally due to the current weather conditions that particular day. I caught fish all three days but on days when the sun was out the size got very small. I ran to the extreme head of a creek on the lower end and it got ultra clear and dropped to 60*. Craziest thing I ever saw. 95% back the water is 70* with light color, then in a 1/4 mile stretch it gets ultra clear and drops 10* If I were going back I would stay main lake to mid creek.
    Thank you

I fished this past Saturday and Sunday in a small club tournament and everyone struggled. No one could get a pattern going. No limits were caught. We had 3 keepers each and worked our tails off for those. The winning weight was 9# for two days. We did not win either.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I fished this past Saturday and Sunday in a small club tournament and everyone struggled. No one could get a pattern going. No limits were caught. We had 3 keepers each and worked our tails off for those. The winning weight was 9# for two days. We did not win either.
    Results for the 14 boat tournament we were in Sunday 10/21 were pretty much the same. If my memory is correct we were 3rd with 4.41, 2nd was 4.53 and 1st was 4.80 or 90 something. There were 4 zeros and several 1-2 fish bags. If my memory is correct our third place bag had the most fish which was four fish. Pretty rough to catch keepers , however I can say we did have a pattern although it was small fish it was a pattern. I went to the weigh in thinking we had our butts handed to us because we caught so many short fish only to find out most of everybody else struggled just to catch a fish. Oh well it was a nice day on the water so I guess that counts as a consolation prize