Running lights on trailer blow the 20 Amp fuse in the truck

I installed new LED lights/wiring and backup lights/wiring on my trailer. Wired everything to a 7pin connector and the blinker, brake and backup lights work fine. However, when I turn on the running lights it blows the 20Amp fuse in my truck for the trailer lights. I isolated it to the trailer but since the wiring is all new I'm not quite sure where the short it could be. All the lights are grounded with the white wire and the marker lights which are Blazer LEDs have a small metal tab which connects to one of the screws holding it in place, I assume that is the ground When I connected the running lights to the 7pin connector I took the green/brown and yellow/brown wire and connected them to a single post on the 7pin. Could that be the problem?

2. Member
    Yes, separate the brown from the green and the brown from the yellow and connect the 2 browns together to a single brown wire or connection, then yellow to yellow and green to green. Are you sure you connected to the right terminals on the plug? I disconnected 1 wire at a time and extended each individually. I had to spare terminals without connections but I closed them, screwed them tight so they could not come loose and accidentally touch one of the live terminals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Ok, thanks. I will try that.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The two browns together isn’t the issue. I believe Bob is misreading the OP where green/brown means “brown wire with green stripe” rather than two wires.

Wild guess would be wrong wire hooked up on a light. Sounds like something I’d do.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

^^ what he said ^^

6. Member
    It turned out to be the Blazer LED marker lights. The metal tab that touches the screw apparently was the culprit. Had to replace the marker lights that have a regular ground wire attached to the trailer.

7. Member
    Yep, sorry misread, I guess mines a little different but glad you got it worked out, I suspected either a wrong connection or a bad ground. I go over mine once a season, there’s nothing worse than hooking up at 3 or 4 in the morning only to find the lights not working.