Wisconsin crappie

We are going up to the BIL's cabin on Big Green Lake Thursday through Sunday. How's Big Green for crappie or any nearby lakes? Thinking about towing the boat up if the crappie were doing any thing.

Dale Sinclair original

no idea but the cold weather has the smallies preparing for winter by getting thick!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Puckaway and Fox lake will be your best two crappie options near by or the backwaters and eddies or wood on the wolf river to the north.

the Fox Lake Crappie population has been decimated for a couple years due to over fishing. It used to be one of the states premier crappie fisheries though.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Looks like im not towing

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    the Fox Lake Crappie population has been decimated for a couple years due to over fishing. It used to be one of the states premier crappie fisheries though.
    Pounded absolutely! Gone absolutely not. The fish are more scattered and schools are much smaller but the average size is much better.

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Not taking boat now. cooking out, drinking some cold ones and the family style fish supper at Lake View on Little Green..We have used Norton's and Walker's for lake trout quite a few times and would highly recommend both.

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Pounded absolutely! Gone absolutely not. The fish are more scattered and schools are much smaller but the average size is much better.
    i didn't say gone...it certainly is no longer a premier crappie destination any longer.

and Local16 if i hadn't just sold my boat I would invite you out on Green for an afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Thanks guys. Not taking boat now. cooking out, drinking some cold ones and the family style fish supper at Lake View on Little Green..We have used Norton's and Walker's for lake trout quite a few times and would highly recommend both.
    Sounds like a nice relaxing time! Could always bring a spinning rod and a jerk baits and cast of the marina docks and what not at night for some eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    i didn't say gone...it certainly is no longer a premier crappie destination any longer.

and Local16 if i hadn't just sold my boat I would invite you out on Green for an afternoon!
    Most definitely true but to me it makes it more of a crappie destination now since the pressure is overall down and the fish are bigger.

11. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Thanks all. We had a great time and that area is really beautiful.

Dale Sinclair original