Choosing campsites?

I am very new to the camping scene and plan on setting out for the first time in February if the planets align. Heading south to cruise and fish from Florida to Texas in my new truck and TC'r. What publication or website does everyone use for locating campsites?
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

2. Member
    RV parks reviews is a good app
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

3. Member
    On the Iphone, I use Park Advisor and RV Park Reviews.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Thank you both, definitely would like to see others, maybe for Android too.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

Allstays Camp and RV is pretty good. It has a lot of filters that help you find what you are looking for .... for instance you can search for just CORPS campgrounds, national parks, state parks ...or Walmarts that allow overnight parking, etc.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

6. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Not apps, but every state has state parks and you can easily search those. Things to consider are waterfront or not, do you need full hook up including sewage or simply water and power with ability to haul a portable tank to dump waste? How close to the boat ramp do you want to be? Just a few things...

7. Member
    ReserveAmerica.com has all or most campsites across the US just put state or city and it will find any campsites in that area

8. Banned
    Just go to your local bookstore and checkout the big, thick RV campsite guides they have available.

IRV2.com forum is good to join, and they can answer any questions about campsites just about anywhere.

Congratulations on your ability to get out on the road and do what you like. Some of us have the RV's but don't have the time or family situation that allows us to travel--raising a 7 year old granddaughter in school.

9. Member
    Once I narrow down the campground I like, I go to their site and find a map, some campgrounds have a site, or state parks through reserve america. I then go to google earth and find what I think is right based on the map and google. And then hope for the best.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

All good info on the table and I thank you all!
    Look for me this winter!

Cirrus2.jpgCirrus1.jpg
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

11. Member
    Army Core of Engineers also is worthy of checking in with...lots of really nice parks with ramps here in Georgia. cheap too!!! Have fun and travel safely!

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Army Core of Engineers also is worthy of checking in with...lots of really nice parks with ramps here in Georgia. cheap too!!! Have fun and travel safely!
    Public sites (core/state/federal) are normally nice and less expensive than privately owned. They may not have all of the bells and whistles as the private ones. I always choose the public camp grounds.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

13. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Woodall book use to be the bible of Campgrounds. You can probably find last year's edition for half off at camping stores that sell trailers. Give them a call and ask if they have last years edition for sale. Heck any edition in last 5 years would be good if you look on ebay. Campgrounds don't disappear.

Look at Goodsam website. You can locate parks in every state and it rates each one.