Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

Remedies > Congestion and Cold > ??

I really don't think there is too much you can do once you get a Cold with Congestion except maybe taking some Equate daytime Cold and Flu soft gels. I am Appealing to the BBC Medical Experts and Comedians if there is any Prevention or Help when you have a Cold with major Congestion ?? > Thanks.

2. Member
    Mucinex DM and Sudafed...You have to ask the pharmacist for the "real" sudafed now because of people using it to make meth or whatever...The stuff on the shelf is not as good..
    Also a Mister with some type oils at night..My wife makes me up some type of concoction..Have no idea what is in it but it works...I also take Nyquil at night..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

3. Member
    Cup of hot water each morning to drink. Bout 7 days it’s clearing up.
    Praying for a Cure

4. Member
    Mucinex DM Extra Strength, as noted above. It's a miracle drug, like marijuana.
    And, of course, you could go old school and do the Robitussin in Cherry flavor.

5. idbefishing

6. Member
    Keep your throat lubricated. Those riccolas work good. Stay hydrated and start taking c vitamin supplements. Chicken soup and walk to clear your lunges daily.

7. Banned
    Bourbon. Do a shot, and suck on a lime after the shot. Repeat till you either feel better with no congestion, or you pass out.

8. Member
    Same as above but if throat is sore I gargle with 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide. Helps me

9. Banned
    My throat and my voice Thanks all the Contributions. I never realized they kept the good stuff behind the counter. I kinda like the raspy voice but will hydrate alot more in the Future. I posted a month ago on Neilmed, I usually do a sinus rinse every every evening. I have a mean deep cough every few hours too.
    Last edited by Basscaster; 10-22-2018 at 10:23 AM.

10. Member
    I am a proponent of doing the sinus rinse thing. Most of your conditions usually start with sinus drainage, turns into sore throat then it gets into your bronchial tubes and then your lungs, seems to always work from the top down.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

11. Member
    For the past few years I've been taking zinc at the first symptom; the slightest sore throat or stuffy nose. I use the Zicam (or store equivalent) melting tablets. They leave a little bit of a metal taste in your mouth, but they really work for me. They either prevent the cold entirely, or when I get it it is not as bad and/or shorter. The key is to keep taking it for a day or two after the symptoms disappear.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    As TampaJim said, rub some ‘tussin on it! Once it’s there it’s there, but I do like the Mucinex brand, good quality cold meds. Hydration and I take an emergen-c everyday during cold season. A little extra vitamins can’t hurt.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Banned
    Take a "Dosha/Guna" quiz, Once You know Your 'dosha' there is an Ayurvedic herb for it. The idea is to be 'in balance' so when You 'woulda got sick' the would be illness finds another host.
    I haven't had any sinus issues since Amla and Holy Basil.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    sweat it out
    Thanos was the hero

15. Member
    A hot cup of Theraflu with a spoonful of natural honey in it before you go to bed. Sleep like a baby.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    sweat it out
    I was just going to post this exact post > . It is 55 degrees here, I took a 1/2 mile fast walk around the neighborhood with small hills. I picked up sticks n branches etc in the yard and hook up boat in yard and vacuumed and charged battery and I feet Great being outside for 1.5 hours but internally still coughing and feeling congested. Going to Walmart in a Hour>

My wife makes elderberry syrup with cinnamon, clove, and honey in it. It absolutely helps your system fight colds, etc. better.
    Local honey also has numerous benefits. From an article I read recently:
    The high amount of nutrients and enzymes in honey help kill bacteria and viruses that cause colds. The simplest home remedy is to consume a mixture of one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey. Take it every two hours to get immense relief from your cold and sore throat.
    And yeah, Mucinex DM works well to relieve congestion.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Bourbon. Do a shot, and suck on a lime after the shot. Repeat till you either feel better with no congestion, or you pass out.
    Sound advice..... I'm going to try that right now

19. Banned
    I dunno but this cold my daughter brought home is kicking our butt's! No fevers just cough and chest congestion.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ891 View Post
    Sound advice..... I'm going to try that right now
    I do it almost every night. I might get a small cold 2X a year. So, in my eyes, it works wonders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast